Ivan Mattei is a retired partner. He has more than 25 years of experience in project finance, joint ventures and M&A, with a particular focus on infrastructure ...
Read Full Biography
- The senior lenders in a $1.5 billion project financing for Solana Parabolic Trough Solar Power Plant, a U.S. utility-scale solar power plant that will use a field of 800,000 parabolic trough mirrors and molten salt heat storage to permit power generation to continue at night.
- The senior lenders in a $1.0 billion project financing for Mojave Parabolic Trough Solar Power Plant, a utility-scale solar power plant in the Mojave Desert in California.
- One of the short-listed consortia in its bid for the “Purple Line” light rail project being developed in the Maryland suburbs of Washington D.C.
- The lenders in a long-term financing of Carlsbad Desalination Plant, a 100 million gallon per day reverse osmosis desalination plant being constructed south of San Diego, California.
- Footprint Power in the sale of Salem Harbor Energy Station Project to Highstar Fund IV and Toyota Tsusho, an EPC Contract with Iberdrola Energy Projects, to build a 700MW state-of-the-art combined-cycle gas electric generating facility and a $730 million construction financing, a transaction awarded the Project Finance International “2015 Power Deal of the Year of the Americas” award.
- Marquis Energy in securing a $228 million loan from AgCountry Farm Credit Services, including a construction loan, term loan, revolver and refinancing of existing indebtedness.
- The lenders in the proposed DBFM "800 Bridges" project in Missouri, including in a proposed tax exempt bond financing. (Terminated)
- A short-listed bidding group in the competitive bidding process for the concession to design, build, finance, operate and maintain the new Central Terminal Building at LaGuardia Airport in New York City.
- The bank syndicate and financial guarantor in the SH-121 toll road project in Texas, providing commitments for a multi-source financing that included bank, TIFIA and PAB funding to one of the short-listed consortia. (Terminated)
- A project sponsor group in the SH-130 toll road in Texas in all aspects of the transaction, including the bank and TIFIA financing.
- A short-listed sponsor group for the Alligator Alley toll road concession in Florida. (Terminated)
- The winning consortium in the Pennsylvania Turnpike concession, achieving a fully negotiated concession agreement and fully documented and binding financing commitments for a multisource financing including bank debt and PABs, although the transaction was ultimately not approved by the Pennsylvania state legislature. (Terminated)
- The lenders in the long-term bond financing for the Chicago Skyway toll bridge system project. The project bond and accreting swap financing was awarded the “Americas Deal of the Year 2004” by the International Financial Law Review, “North American Project Bond of the Year” by Project Finance Magazine, and “North American Deal of the Year” by Project Finance International.
- The lenders in the inflation-indexed local currency bond financing for Autopista de Nuevo Leon, the state road between Monterrey and Cadereyta. This project was awarded the “2004 Infrastructure Deal of the Year in the Americas” by Project Finance International.
- The lenders in the inflation-indexed project bond financing of Américo Vespucio Sur Toll Road that provided a portion of the financing of an electronically tolled urban toll road concession in Santiago. This project was awarded the “Latin American Transport Deal of the Year 2004” by Project Finance Magazine.
- Harvard University, 1986, Ph.D.
- Harvard Law School, 1985, J.D.
- Georgetown University, 1979, B.S.