J. Robert Abraham is a senior associate in the Litigation Department and a member of the Commercial Litigation and Healthcare Practice Groups. His practice ...
Read Full Biography
- JC Flowers in litigation brought by the MF Global bankruptcy trustee seeking to recover dividends paid in connection with preferred stock.
- Dennis Kozlowski, former CEO of Tyco, in defending action brought by Tyco seeking forfeiture and clawback of compensation and severance benefits.
- Forest Laboratories in a successful dismissal, in the District of Massachusetts, of a qui tam complaint brought under the False Claims Act relating to the marketing of the pharmaceutical drug Namenda. The dismissal was unusual in that it was based on unethical conduct by relators’ counsel revealed during discovery and was granted after an initial motion to dismiss had been denied. In its dismissal, the Court, addressing a novel legal issue, admonished relators’ counsel for obtaining medical information from physicians by engaging in “an elaborate scheme of deceptive conduct,” and distinguished that conduct from acceptable investigatory techniques.
- The independent directors of News Corp.'s board on the range of issues they are considering in connection with the allegations against, and the investigations of, the Company.
- Allergan in defeating nationwide class certification of a putative class of third-party payors alleging violations of federal RICO statutes through fraudulent promotion of antidepressants.
- Notz, Stucki et Cie, its directors, and related entities, in litigation related to substantial investments with Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities, in obtaining dismissal of investor class action litigation purporting to assert claims for fraud and breach of common law duties in connection with one of the firm's managed funds, and in adversary proceedings brought by the Trustee of the BLMIS estate in the bankruptcy proceeding.
- Columbia Law School, 2010, J.D.
- Cornell University, 2007, B.A.