Jacob W. Stahl is counsel in the firm’s New York office and a member of the firm’s Litigation Department. His practice focuses on representing ...
Read Full Biography
- Prudential Financial in its $2.35 billion acquisition of Assurance IQ.
- HCA Healthcare in its $1.5 billion acquisition of Mission Health, a nonprofit North Carolina health system.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its joint investment with Cardinal Health in naviHealth, the largest manager of post-acute benefits for health plans and a leading value-based care partner to health systems and providers.
- TPG Capital and Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe, with Humana, in their $1.4 billion acquisition of Curo Health Services.
- TPG Capital and Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe in the $4.1 billion acquisition of Kindred Healthcare.
- Sawai Pharmaceutical in its $1.5 billion acquisition of the generic pharmaceuticals business of Upsher-Smith Laboratories.
- A major hospital corporation in a wide variety of commercial matters, including a breach of contract action arising out of the purchase of a healthcare system and administrative disputes involving medical center licensing.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb in defending against a $3.4 billion contract and tort claim by generic drug manufacturer Apotex, winning a unanimous jury verdict of no liability.
- American Airlines in litigation arising out of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, resulting in a recent trial victory establishing that World Trade Center Properties could not recover from American any of the nearly $5 billion it was seeking beyond already received insurance recoveries. Previous related wins have included dismissals of environmental litigation arising out of the attacks and multiple successful partial summary judgment and Daubert motions.
- Toyota Motor Sales USA in various state and federal investigations relating to vehicle acceleration issues. These included 29 state attorney general investigations, congressional inquiries, SEC investigations, and Department of Justice (DOJ) investigations, all of which settled without any criminal convictions for the company.
- Georgetown University Law Center, 2018, LL.M.
- Harvard Law School, 2005, J.D.
- University of Pennsylvania, 2001, B.A.