Javier Alvarez-Oviedo is an associate in the Litigation Department.
Mr. Alvarez-Oviedo joined Debevoise in 2018. He received his J.D. from Stanford Law ...
Read Full Biography
- A professional sports league on a wide range of data privacy and security issues, including compliance with US privacy laws, obligations under GDPR, and privacy architecture for global expansion.
- The founder of PokerStars, the World’s largest online poker cardroom, in his defense of criminal charges currently pending in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Capital One in a resolution with FinCEN regarding its AML program, without criminal charges being filed.
- A Fortune 100 financial services entity in an internal investigation following a widespread business continuity event triggered by a large-scale data center outage.
- Stanford Law School, 2018, J.D.
- Wesleyan University, 2013, B.A.