Jay E. Evans is an associate in the Tax Department.
Mr. Evans joined Debevoise in 2019. He received a J.D. magna cum laude from the New York University ...
Read Full Biography
- KKR in the formation of its KKR European Fund VI, an $8 billion fund focused on private equity investments primarily in the developed economies of Western Europe.
- Providence Equity Partners in its minority investment of up to $500 million in the formation of The North Road Company.
- Spirit Airlines in its sale to JetBlue for $3.8 billion.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and TPG in their $4 billion take-private of Covetrus, a global animal-health technology and services company.
- Breakthrough Properties in the formation of Breakthrough Life Science Property Fund, a $3 billion life science real estate property investment program.
- KKR in the formation of KKR North America Fund XIII, a $19 billion fund focused on pursuing opportunistic private equity investments in North America.
- Resonetics, a leader in micro-manufacturing for the medical device and diagnostics equipment, in its acquisition of EaglePicher Medical Power, a medical device manufacturer.
- Carlyle in the formation of Carlyle Credit Opportunities Fund II, a $4.6 billion credit opportunities fund.
- Carlyle in its strategic partnership with Orsini, an independent specialty pharmacy focused on rare diseases, gene therapies and complex conditions.
- Spirit Airlines in its merger, later terminated, with Frontier Group Holdings, parent company of Frontier Airlines, in a transaction valued at $6.6 billion.
- Morgan Stanley Capital Partners in the sale of 24 Seven, a leading provider of digital marketing and creative staffing solutions, to a single asset GP-led continuation fund vehicle managed by an affiliate of MSCP.
- Carlyle in its investment in Resonetics, a leader in micro-manufacturing for the medical device and diagnostics equipment industries, valuing the company at approximately $2.25 billion.
- Carlyle in its strategic growth investment and acquisition of a majority stake in Saama, a leading AI-driven intelligent clinical cloud company that enables the life sciences industry to conduct faster and safer clinical developments and regulatory programs, valuing the company at up to $430 million.
- Lone Wolf, a Stone Point Capital portfolio company, in its acquisition of Propertybase, a leading global real estate and mortgage software company.
- Citizens Financial in its acquisition of 80 East Coast branches and the national online deposit business from HSBC Bank USA, N.A.
- Spirit Airlines in its common stock offering of over 10.5 million shares, $500 million aggregate principal amount of new convertible notes offering 1.00% convertible senior notes due 2026, $146.8 million repurchase of its existing 4.75% existing convertible senior notes due 2025 and redemption of $340 million of its existing 8.00% senior secured notes due 2025.
- Kelso & Company in its acquisition of Ferraro Foods, a specialty foodservice distributor.
- Unum Group in its agreement to reinsure a substantial portion of its Closed Individual Disability Insurance Block business to a subsidiary of Global Atlantic.
- Cornell Capital and Hudson Structured Capital Management in their acquisition of a majority interest in Vault Insurance.
- Cornell Capital and its portfolio company Spectrum Automotive Holdings in their acquisition of CARS Protection Plus, a leading provider of vehicle service contracts.
- Carlyle in its majority investment in TriNetX, a leading global health research network optimizing clinical research to bring new therapies to market faster.
- Carlyle in its $175 million investment in Grand Rounds, a leader in healthcare quality and clinical navigation.
- Gogo, the leading inflight Internet company, in the successful sale of its commercial aviation business to Intelsat, which was in Chapter 11 at the time of the transaction, for $400 million.
- New York University School of Law, 2019, J.D.
- University of Chicago, 2015, M.A.
- Washington University in St. Louis, 2013, B.A.