John R. Love is a corporate counsel and a member of the Mergers & Acquisitions Group.
Mr. Love joined Debevoise in 2018. Mr. Love received a J.D. from ...
Read Full Biography
- INDICOR, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in the $670 million sale of its Compressor Controls Corporation division, a leading provider of turbomachinery control and optimization solutions, to Honeywell.
- Pernod Ricard in its acquisition of a majority stake in Skrewball, a super-premium and fast-growing flavored whiskey.
- Pernod Ricard in its acquisition of a majority stake in Código 1530 Ultra Premium and Prestige Tequila.
- Providence Equity Partners in its minority investment of up to $500 million in the formation of The North Road Company.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a majority stake in the industrial businesses of Roper Technologies, which operates market-leading businesses that design and develop vertical software and application-specific products, in a transaction valued at $3.7 billion.
- DoubleVerify, a Providence Equity Partners portfolio company and a leading software platform for digital media measurement and analytics, in its acquisition of OpenSlate, a content-focused measurement and analytics company.
- Providence Equity Partners in the combination of Blackboard, a leading global educational technology software and solutions company, and Anthology, a leading provider of proven higher education solutions.
- Covanta in its sale to EQT in a transaction valued at more than $5 billion, in which EQT acquired all shares of Covanta common stock for $20.25 per share.
- Toyota Motor Corporation, as an investor in Uber Technologies' self driving unit Advanced Technologies Group (Uber ATG), in its sale of Uber ATG to Aurora.
- Kelso & Company, as part of a consortium with Arch Capital Group and Warburg Pincus, in the $700 million acquisition of Watford Holdings, a global property and casualty insurance and reinsurance company.
- Verizon in its $6.25 billion acquisition of Tracfone, the largest reseller of wireless services in the U.S.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $250 million convertible preferred equity investment in Covetrus, a global leader in animal-health technology and services.
- Toyota Motor Corporation in its $394 million investment in Joby Aviation, an aerospace company that is developing and commercializing all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft to enable the deployment of fast, quiet and affordable air taxi services.
- Dealer Tire, a Bain Capital portfolio company, in its acquisition of Dent Wizard.
- DoubleVerify, a Providence Equity Partners portfolio company and a leading software platform for digital media measurement and analytics, in its acquisition of Ad-Juster, a market-leading SaaS provider of unified data reporting and analytics for digital advertising.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its proposed $4 billion take private acquisition of Anixter International, a NYSE-listed company. (Terminated)
- Amazon as strategic partner to Yankee Global Enterprises in the acquisition of the YES Network from The Walt Disney Company at a total enterprise value of $3.47 billion.
- One Rock Capital Partners in its acquisition of the Engineered Components and Systems segment of Actuant Corporation.
- Elliott Management in its $683 million acquisition of Barnes & Noble, the largest retail bookseller in the U.S.
- Toyota Motor Corporation in its joint investment, with DENSO Corporation and SoftBank Vision Fund, in Uber’s Advanced Technologies Group.
- J.P. Morgan Securities, as financial advisor to CommScope, in CommScope's $7.4 billion acquisition of ARRIS.
- Carlyle in its acquisition of an outstanding interest in NEP Group from Crestview Partners.
- Toyota Motor Corporation in its $500 million investment in Uber to jointly develop Uber’s self-driving business.
- Cerberus Capital Management in its acquisition of Electrical Components International, the world’s leading manufacturer of wire harnesses, control boxes and value-added assembly services, from KPS Capital Partners.
- Evercore, as financial advisor to CSRA, in the $9.6 billion sale of CSRA to General Dynamics.
- Columbia Law School, 2013, J.D.
- Vanderbilt University, 2008, B.S.