Jonathan Adler is a member of the Investment Management Group and Co-Chair of the firm’s Private Equity Group. His practice focuses on advising sponsors ...
Read Full Biography
- Breakthrough Properties in the formation of Breakthrough Life Science Property Fund, a $3 billion life science real estate property investment program.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the sale of its investment in Belron, a worldwide leader in vehicle glass repair and replacement, valuing the company at €21 billion, including the formation of a new special purpose vehicle formed to continue CD&R’s partnership with Belron.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the formation of Clayton, Dubilier & Rice Fund XI, a $16 billion North America and Western Europe fund.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its £308 million acquisition of Wolseley UK, a leading distributor of plumbing, heating and climate products.
- Avanath Capital Management in the formation of multiple funds, including in the formation of:
- Avanath Affordable Housing IV, a $760 million U.S. real estate fund.
- Avanath Affordable Housing III, a $335 million U.S. real estate fund.
- Global Infrastructure Partners in the establishment of GIP Spectrum, a $1.5 billion infrastructure credit platform, comprised of multiple fund vehicles and a separately managed account, focused on loan originations and senior and secured debt investments.
- Global Infrastructure Partners in the formation of Global Infrastructure Partners Capital Solutions Fund II, a $1.4 billion infrastructure credit fund.
- PGIM in the formation of PGIM Capital Partners VI, a $2.2 billion North America mezzanine fund.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the financing and tax aspects of its £400 million acquisition of Huntsworth.
- Carlyle in its $1.8 billion acquisition, with T&D Holdings, of a majority interest in Fortitude Re.
- Vinci Partners in the formation of Vinci Capital Partners Fund III, a $1 billion private equity fund program.
- Carlyle in raising close to $19 billion for multiple buyout and growth funds, co-investment vehicles and in various joint ventures, including in the formation of:
- Carlyle Credit Opportunities Fund II, a $4.6 billion credit opportunities fund.
- Carlyle Asia Growth Partners V, a $340 million Asia growth capital fund.
- Carlyle Europe Partners IV, a €3.75 billion Europe buyout fund.
- Carlyle South America Buyout Fund, a $1 billion fund, including Fundo Brasil de Internacionalização de Empresas Fundo de Investimento em Participações, together with Banco do Brasil, a R$400 million vehicle to invest in Brazil.
- Carlyle Peru Fund, a $308 million Peru buyout/venture fund.
- Carlyle Asia Growth Partners IV, a $1 billion Asia growth capital fund.
- Carlyle MENA Partners, a $500 million Middle East and North Africa buyout fund.
- Carlyle Sub-Saharan Africa Fund, a $698 million Sub-Saharan Africa fund.
- Carlyle in its strategic partnership with AIG to position DSA Re as a platform to provide solutions for insurance liabilities globally.
- Carmel Partners in the formation of:
- Carmel Partners Investment Fund VII, a $1.28 billion U.S. real estate fund.
- Carmel Partners Investment Fund VI, a $1 billion U.S. real estate fund.
- Crescent Capital Group in the formation of Crescent Mezzanine Partners VII, a $4.6 billion U.S. mezzanine fund.
- A leading investment manager in the formation and ongoing operations of an open-ended vehicle in the reinsurance space.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the formation of Clayton, Dubilier & Rice Fund IX, a $6.25 billion North America and Europe buyout fund.
- International Finance Corporation and IFC AMC in various energy and emerging markets fundraising activities.
- KKR and KKR Asset Management in the formation of various private funds, joint ventures and separate accounts, including KKR Energy Income and Growth Fund I, a $2 billion energy and natural resources fund.
- Morgan Stanley in respect of fundraising and ongoing activities of its leveraged buyout, credit and infrastructure funds.
- Prudential Capital Group in the formation of Prudential Capital Energy Partners, a $343 million U.S. power/energy fund.
- New York University School of Law, 2005, J.D.
- Cornell University, 2002, B.S.