Kristen Matthews is a corporate partner and a member of the firm’s Insurance and Financial Institutions Groups. She is a contributing author of the ...
Read Full Biography
- Resolution Life in its strategic partnership with Blackstone, including a $500 million strategic investment, for its life insurance and annuity consolidation business.
- Wilton Re, a majority-owned reinsurance company of CPP Investments, in its sale of Ivari, a Toronto-based life insurance company, to Sagicor Financial Company.
- Global Atlantic, a retirement and life insurance company, in its $10 billion annuity reinsurance transaction with Equitable Financial Life Insurance Company.
- LIBERTY Dental Plan Corporation, a dental benefits administrator, in its sale of a majority stake in LIBERTY to Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe, a private equity firm.
- Resolution Life, a global life insurance group focusing on the acquisition and management of portfolios of life insurance policies, in the reinsurance of $35 billion in fixed indexed annuities from Allianz Life.
- Resolution Life, a global life insurance group focusing on the acquisition and management of portfolios of life insurance policies, in its $9.4 billion reinsurance agreement with Lincoln Financial Group.
- Covéa in its definitive agreement to sell CSE Insurance to Porch Group for $48.6 million in cash.
- Unum Group in its agreement to reinsure a substantial portion of its Closed Individual Disability Insurance Block business to a subsidiary of Global Atlantic.
- Liberty Mutual in a book roll/reinsurance transaction with respect to a book of AIG business.
- AXA in its $4.8 billion reinsurance transaction with Global Atlantic Financial Group.
- GreyCastle in its sale to Monument Re, advising on the complex offshore UK / Bermuda life insurance structure. Debevoise also advised on the original establishment of GreyCastle.
- Resolution Life, a global life insurance group focusing on the acquisition and management of portfolios of life insurance policies, in its $1.25 billion acquisition of Voya Financial’s individual life in-force business.
- New York Life in its $6.3 billion acquisition of Cigna’s Group Life and Disability Insurance business.
- Prudential Financial in its $2.35 billion acquisition of Assurance IQ.
- Hamilton Insurance Group in its acquisition of Pembroke Managing Agency and Ironshore Europe DAC from Liberty Mutual.
- Resolution Re in the reinsurance of structured settlement annuity contracts and income annuity contracts from Symetra Life Insurance Company.
- Wilton Re in its agreements to reinsure legacy comprehensive and nursing home long-term care insurance policies from Bankers Life and Casualty.
- Syncora Holdings in a reinsurance agreement with Assured Guaranty to reinsure approximately $13.5 billion of financial guaranty policies, representing 91% of Syncora's outstanding insured exposures.
- American International Group in its $5.56 billion acquisition of Validus Group, a Bermuda-based, NYSE-listed, (re)insurance company.
- Cornell Capital as a lead investor in the $2.05 billion acquisition of Talcott Resolution, The Hartford’s run-off life and annuity businesses.
- AmTrust Financial Services in a strategic transaction with Madison Dearborn for a portion of AmTrust’s U.S. fee businesses valued at $1.15 billion.
- A major life insurer in a purchase price adjustment dispute.
- Wilton Re in its acquisition of Aegon Transamerica’s two largest U.S. run-off businesses.
- American International Group in several transactions with Fairfax Financial, a leading global property and casualty insurer and reinsurer, as part of a strategic partnership in 12 jurisdictions across Latin America, Central and Eastern Europe.
- AmTrust Financial Services in its $219 million acquisition of ANV Holding, a Lloyd's platform.
- Sun Life Financial in its $975 million acquisition of Assurant’s Employee Benefits business.
- The Prudential Insurance Company of America in the sale of a group annuity contract to Kimberly-Clark Corporation.
- Blackstone Group’s Tactical Opportunities Group in the acquisition of Philadelphia Financial Group from Tiptree Financial.
- New York University School of Law, 2013, J.D.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2009, B.A.