Lena E. Smith is a tax associate.
Ms. Smith joined Debevoise in 2015. Ms. Smith received a J.D. from Brooklyn Law School summa cum laude in 2015. She ...
Read Full Biography
- New York Life in its $6.3 billion acquisition of Cigna’s Group Life and Disability Insurance business.
- Wilsonart, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in the $150 million sale of its Asia Business to Aica Kogyo and the Development Bank of Japan.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and BrandSafway in the over $6 billion sale of BrandSafway to Brookfield Business Partners L.P. and CD&R Fund X.
- Providence Equity Partners in the formation of Providence Equity Partners VIII, a $6 billion global media, entertainment and communications fund.
- Pacific Life in its sale of Aviation Capital Group to Tokyo Century Corporation.
- Syncora Holdings in its $429 million sale of Syncora Guarantee, a wholly owned subsidiary, to Star Insurance Holdings, an entity organized by GoldenTree Asset Management LP.
- Providence Equity Partners in the combination of Benefit Street Partners and Franklin Templeton Investments.
- Antares Holdings LP, a leading provider of lending solutions to private equity sponsor-backed middle-market companies, in the placement of $280 million of senior unsecured notes.
- SunSource, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in its acquisition of Ryan Herco Flow Solutions, a distributor of hydraulic and pneumatic fluid power products in the U.S. and Canada.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of SunSource, a distributor of hydraulic and pneumatic fluid power products in the U.S. and Canada.
- Pacific Life and Aviation Capital Group in the minority investment by Tokyo Century in Aviation Capital Group, a transaction which won the Airline Economics Aviation 100 “2017 Overall Equity Deal of the Year” award.
- The CF Corporation and The Blackstone Group in the $1.835 billion acquisition of Fidelity & Guaranty Life.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $650 million acquisition of Capco, FIS’s management consulting business.
- Verizon Communications in its $3.1 billion acquisition of Straight Path Communications, a leading wireless spectrum holder.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and Brand Energy and Infrastructure Services in the merger of Brand Energy and Safway Group, forming the leading global industrial service business with over $5 billion in revenue.
- New York Life Investments in its acquisition of a majority interest in Credit Value Partners, a distressed and high-yield debt investment management business.
- Greater Media in its $240 million sale to Beasley Broadcast Group.
- Brooklyn Law School, 2015, J.D.
- Boston University, 2011, B.A.