Mai Shapiro is an international counsel in the Tax Department and is based in the firm’s Hong Kong office. Ms. Shapiro has significant experience ...
Read Full Biography
- HarbourVest Partners, TPG NewQuest and Committed Advisors as the lead investors in CSP Fund II, a $700 million continuation vehicle sponsored by a partnership between Capital Square Partners and Basil Technology Partners to acquire a portfolio of companies from existing funds.
- Lightspeed Venture Partners in the formation of Lightspeed India Partners Fund IV, a $500 million India venture fund.
- Navis Capital in a fund restructuring involving the transfer of five portfolio companies into a new $450 million continuation fund vehicle.
- CDH Investments in the formation of CDH VGC Fund II, a $520 million China growth fund.
- HongShan in various investment vehicles and strategic initiatives.
- Lightspeed India Partners in the formation of Lightspeed India Partners III, a $275 million India venture fund.
- Principle Capital in the formation of Principle Capital Fund IV, a $225 million China growth fund.
- Baring Private Equity Asia in a fund restructuring involving the transfer of a portfolio company into a continuation fund. The transaction was named “GP-Led Deal of the Year in Asia” by Secondaries Investor in its annual awards.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in its investment in The National Investment and Infrastructure Fund of India. The deal won the “Private Equity Deal of the Year” category at the IFLR1000 India Awards.
- Baring Private Equity Asia in the financings for Funds IV, V and VI and its Asia Real Estate Fund with Citibank.
- HarbourVest Partners in its direct investment in Janalakshmi Financial Services, a non-banking financial services company in India.
- Southern Capital in the formation of Southern Capital Fund III, a $408 million Asia buyout fund.
- Southern Capital in a fund restructuring involving the transfer of assets into new vehicles established for a consortium led by AlpInvest Partners.
- CDH Investments in its formation of CDH Growth Fund III (USD Parallel), a $342 million China growth capital fund.
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Board in their investment in a $4 billion Asia buyout fund.
- Morgan Stanley Capital Partners in the formation of North Haven Thai Fund, a $440 million Thai buyout fund.
- Baring Private Equity Asia in the formation of BPEA RE II, a $1 billion pan-Asian real estate fund.
- Advantage Partners in the formation of its inaugural Asia Fund investing in small to mid-cap companies across Asia, with total commitments of $380 million.
- VIG Partners in the formation of VIG Partners International Fund III, a $600 million fund targeting investment in Korea.
- Hony Capital in the formation of Hony Capital Fund VIII, a $2.2 billion China buyout fund.
- Navis Capital Partners in the formation of Navis Asia Fund VII, a $1.4 billion Asia buyout fund.
- Hony Capital in its strategic investment in, and related cooperation arrangements with, as well as follow-on investment and subsequent corporate restructuring transactions involving, the WeWork Companies.
- HarbourVest Partners, Neuberger Berman, HQ Capital and Idinvest Partners in the secondary acquisition of limited partnership interests and a related stapled investment in funds managed by Mandarin Capital Partners.
- Nereus Capital in its joint venture with Hareon Solar and Treasury Group to invest in solar projects in India.
- American International Group in the sale of its Taiwan consumer and SME businesses to Nan Shan Life Insurance in Taiwan.
- Ingenico in its strategic partnership with Fosun International and acquisition by Fosun of a 20% minority stake in Ingenico’s Chinese activities.
- Baring Private Equity Asia, in the formation of Baring Asia Private Equity Fund VI, a $4 billion pan-Asia private equity fund.
- HarbourVest Partners in the secondary acquisition of limited partnership interests in Doughty Hanson & Co Limited Partnerships IV and V, and proposed commitment to Doughty Hanson & Co Limited Partnerships VI, in a stapled transaction.
- Quilvest in its structuring of a separate account with a sovereign wealth fund.
- Carlyle in the formation of Fosun-Carlyle (Shanghai) Equity Investment Fund, a $100 million China buyout/growth capital fund.
- Morgan Stanley Capital Partners in the formation of Hangzhou Riverbank Equity Investment Partnership, a ¥1.7 billion China buyout and growth capital fund.
- Carlyle in the formation of Carlyle Beijing Partners Fund, a ¥2.6 billion China growth capital fund.
- Baring Private Equity Partners (India) in the formation of Baring India Private Equity Fund III, a $562 million India and South Asia growth capital fund.
- University of Virginia School of Law, 2003, J.D.
- Harvard University, 1997, B.A.