Marc Ponchione, a partner in the firm’s Investment Management Group, focuses on advising financial services firms on various regulatory, compliance ...
Read Full Biography
- Nuveen, the investment manager of TIAA, in its acquisition of a controlling interest in Arcmont Asset Management, a private debt management firm.
- Temasek in the establishment of Decarbonization Partners, an investment partnership with BlackRock.
- Carlyle in its acquisition of Abingworth, a transatlantic life sciences investment firm with over $2 billion in assets under management.
- Carlyle in its $2.1 billion capital raise and equity investment in Fortitude Re and the formation of a strategic advisory services agreement.
- Constellation, backed by institutional investors Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board, in its acquisition of and $500 million capital contribution to Ohio National, as part of Ohio National’s demutualization process.
- IDB Bank, the largest Israeli bank operating in the U.S., in the creation of IDB Lido Wealth, a strategic partnership and joint venture with Lido Advisors, a full-service, independent investment advisor.
- Jackson and Prudential plc in the separation of Jackson through a demerger, in a transaction valued at approximately $2.5 billion and that establishes Jackson as an independent, publicly-traded company.
- Glendower Capital in its strategic partnership with CVC, creating a combined group with total assets under management of approximately €113 billion.
- Fortitude Re, a Carlyle portfolio company, in its acquisition of a $31 billion block of legacy variable annuities from Prudential Financial for a total transaction value of $2.2 billion.
- Aflac in its $2.1 billion strategic partnership with Denham Capital to accelerate Denham’s sustainable infrastructure platform.
- Prudential in the sale of its retirement plan business to Empower for a total transaction value of $3.55 billion.
- American International Group in its strategic partnership with Blackstone Group for its Life & Retirement business.
- Parnassus, the largest ESG-dedicated fund manager in the U.S., in its sale of a majority equity interest to AMG.
- MassMutual in its $3.5 billion acquisition of Great American Life, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Financial Group.
- Investcorp in its strategic partnership with Centre Lane Partners, a private credit manager.
- Prudential plc and Jackson National in the reinsurance to Athene of $27.6 billion of Jackson’s in-force fixed and fixed index annuities and a $500 million equity investment in Jackson’s holding company.
- Duquesne University School of Law, 1999, J.D.
- Marietta College, 1996, B.A.