Michael Diz is Co-Chair of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions Group and a leader in the Technology, Media & Telecommunications, Private Equity ...
Read Full Biography
Technology, Media & Telecommunications
- Amazon as strategic partner to Yankee Global Enterprises in the acquisition of the YES Network from The Walt Disney Company at a total enterprise value of $3.47 billion.
- OEConnection (OEC) and Providence Equity in the sale of a majority stake in OEC to Genstar Capital.
- GoDaddy in its acquisition of Sellbrite, a multi-channel management platform.
- Time Inc. in its $2.8 billion sale to Meredith.
- Verizon Communications in its $3.1 billion acquisition of Straight Path Communications, a leading wireless spectrum holder.
- Evercore, as financial advisor to CSRA, in its $9.6 billion sale to General Dynamics.
- Morgan Stanley, as financial advisor to Consolidated Communications Holdings, in its $1.5 billion acquisition of FairPoint Communications, a business and broadband communications provider.
- Verizon Communications in its acquisition of Telogis, a provider of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) technology and services, specifically in the connected vehicle and mobile enterprise management sectors.
- Providence Equity Partners in its acquisition from General Motors and Ford of a majority stake in OEConnection, the established market leader in cloud-based technology solutions that facilitate the efficient location, sale, distribution and dynamic pricing of automotive parts.
- Sequoia Capital as a shareholder of Qualtrics International in Qualtric’s $8 billion sale to SAP.
- J.P. Morgan Securities, as financial advisor to Salesforce, in its $1.4 billion acquisition of ClickSoftware.
- Verizon Communications in its $1.8 billion acquisition of XO Communications’ fiber-optic network business.
- The Dolan family, controlling stockholders of Cablevision Systems Corporation, in Cablevision’s $17.7 billion sale to Altice.
- Evercore Group, as financial advisor to Rovi Corporation, in its $1.1 billion acquisition of TiVo.
- J.P. Morgan Securities, as financial advisor to AMD, in its $436 million joint venture with Nantong Fujitsu Microelectronics.
- Providence Equity Partners and SRA in the merger of SRA with the government services unit of CSC, creating the largest pure-play IT services provider serving the U.S. government sector.
- JP Morgan Securities, as financial advisor to OmniVision Technologies, in its $1.9 billion sale to a consortium composed of Hua Capital Management, CITIC Capital, and GoldStone Investment.
- Verizon Communications in the $10.54 billion sale of its local wireline operations in California, Florida and Texas to Frontier Communications.
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Dell in the $24.9 billion sale of Dell to an investor group including Michael Dell and Silver Lake.
- Beijing Galloping Horse Film and Galloping Horse America in their acquisition of the visual effects and other assets of Digital Domain Productions in a Section 363 sale under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
- Verizon Wireless in its $3.6 billion acquisition of Advanced Wireless Services spectrum licenses.
- Verizon Wireless in its $2.67 billion acquisition of Rural Cellular.
- Verizon Wireless in its acquisition of Alltel Corporation, a transaction valued at $28.1 billion.
- Verizon Wireless in its $2.35 billion sale of wireless assets to AT&T and $240 million acquisition of wireless assets from AT&T.
- Oxygen Media in its $925 million acquisition by NBC Universal.
- General Electric in the repurchase of Vivendi’s stock of NBC Universal for $5.8 billion along with advice to NBC Universal on certain corporate matters related to the formation of the NBC Universal - Comcast joint venture valued at $37.5 billion.
- Discovery Communications in its $1.9 billion acquisition from Cox Communications of a 25% interest in Discovery for cash and certain assets, including the Travel Channel.
- The Dolan family in its $22 billion effort to take Cablevision private.
- Verizon Communications in the $2.72 billion spin-off and merger of Verizon's local exchange business in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont with Fairpoint Communications.
- The Special Conflicts Committee of the Board of Directors of Navios Maritime Holdings Inc. in the sale by Navios of its ship management division and certain general partnership interests to a related party.
- One Rock Capital Partners in its acquisition of the Engineered Components and Systems segment of Actuant Corporation.
- SouthernCarlson in its sale to Kyocera Corporation.
- Dealer Tire in a significant investment by Bain Capital Private Equity.
- Dealer Tire in its significant investment in SimpleTire.
- Solenis, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in its combination with BASF's paper and water chemicals business.
- International Paper in the $1.8 billion combination of its North America Consumer Packaging business with Graphic Packaging.
- Dealer Tire in its sale of the assets of Dealer Tire Canada to Groupe Touchette.
- Dover Corporation in its $780 million acquisition of Wayne Fueling Systems from Riverstone Holdings.
- International Paper in its $2.2 billion acquisition of Weyerhaeuser’s pulp business.
- Truck-Lite, a Kelso & Company portfolio company, in its sale to Koch Equity Development and BDT Capital Partners.
- Roofing Supply Group, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in its $1.1 billion sale to Beacon Roofing Supply.
- Kelso & Company in its acquisition of US LBM Holdings, a building products distributor, from BlackEagle Partners.
- Solenis, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in its acquisition of Clearwater Specialties, a specialty chemical company.
- Dealer Tire in its receipt of a significant investment by Lindsay Goldberg and redemption of TA Associates’ ownership interests.
- Chemtura in the $1 billion sale of its agrochemicals business, Chemtura AgroSolutions.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $1.8 billion acquisition of Ashland Water Technologies.
- International Paper in the combination of its xpedx distribution solutions business with Unisource in a “Reverse Morris Trust” transaction.
- Reynolds Group in its $6 billion acquisition of Pactiv, a NYSE-listed global manufacturer and supplier of consumer food and beverage packaging and storage products.
- International Paper in its $470 million sale of three containerboard mills.
- International Paper in its $4.3 billion acquisition of Temple-Inland.
- BWAY Holding Company in its $915 million sale to Madison Dearborn Partners.
- Ripplewood and Oak Hill Capital in the financings for the $3.4 billion acquisition of RSC Equipment Rental.
- Elliott Management in its $683 million acquisition of Barnes & Noble, the largest retail bookseller in the U.S.
- Morgan Stanley Capital Partners in its acquisition of Educate 360 Holdings.
- Hojeij Branded Foods in its $330 million sale to Lagardère Travel Retail.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its acquisition of Manna Pro, a leading producer of nutritional supplements and other animal products, from The Carlyle Group.
- Eagle Foods, a Kelso & Company portfolio company, in its acquisition of Popcorn, Indiana, a maker of ready-to-eat popcorn products.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $415 million acquisition of High Ridge Brands, the largest North American consolidation platform focused on acquiring orphaned personal care brands, from Brynwood Partners.
- Kelso & Company in its acquisition of the J.M. Smucker Company’s U.S. canned milk brands and operations.
- Kelso & Company in its acquisition of Augusta Sportswear, a manufacturer of sports team uniforms.
- DLI Holding Corp, the parent of Del Laboratories, a Kelso & Company portfolio company, in its acquisition by Coty, a leading global beauty and fragrance company.
- Energy Brands, also known as Glacéau, the maker of VitaminWater, in its $4.1 billion acquisition by The Coca-Cola Company.
- Energy Brands, also known as Glacéau, the maker of VitaminWater, in its $680 million sale of a 30% stake in the company to Tata Tea, the world's second-largest branded tea company.
- Morgan Stanley, as financial advisor to World Kitchen, a leading multinational manufacturer and marketer of houseware products, in its $566 million sale to GP Investments Acquisition Corp.
- Kelso & Company in its acquisition of J.S. Held, a global consulting firm focused on high value insurance claims and construction-related matters.
- CoAdvantage, a portfolio company of Morgan Stanley Private Equity, in its acquisition of Progressive Employer Management Company.
- Kelso & Company in its investment in Oasis Outsourcing, the nation's largest privately held professional employer organization.
- Altegrity and Providence Equity Partners in their $1.13 billion acquisition of Kroll from Marsh & McLennan.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in the financing aspects of its acquisition of EmployBridge, a provider of outsourced human resource and specialty-branded temporary staffing services.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the acquisition of Carestream Dental, the digital dental business of Carestream Health.
- Noven Pharmaceuticals in the sale of its Brisdelle and Pexeva product lines to Sebela International.
- Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical, a leading transdermal patch manufacturer listed on the Tokyo stock exchange, in its $428 million acquisition of Nasdaq-listed Noven Pharmaceuticals via an all-cash tender offer.
- University of Virginia School of Law, 2004, J.D.
- University of Virginia, 1999, B.A.