Michael Schaper is a litigation partner who focuses on various types of complex civil litigation, including in numerous areas of intellectual property ...
Read Full Biography
- Successful jury trial in Southern District of New York in April 2012 to recover over $20 million for Learning Annex related to failed business venture.
- Bayer in obtaining a preliminary injunction against a TV ad that falsely claimed that Sentry Fiproguard Max prevents fleas and ticks from coming into contact with pets.
- National Football League (NFL) in winning summary judgment against retired players' publicity-rights claims.
- Allied Domecq in obtaining dismissal of ownership claims filed by a Russian Federation entity related to the Stolichnaya trademark.
- A leading international life insurance company in successful eve-of-trial settlement of securities litigation arising from its demutualization.
- Induchem in a breach of contract lawsuit with its distributor, Lipo Chemicals, which resulted in a successful settlement just prior to jury selection.
- Defendants in the federal and state court Carbon Black Antitrust Litigation and Vitamins Antitrust Litigation.
- Plaintiff in tying, bundling and monopolization claims against major distributors of medical supplies.
- Bayer in false advertising challenges against Merial and Elanco over advertising for their competitive flea and tick control products for pets.
- BodyArmor in false advertising challenges filed by Gatorade before the NAD.
- Pernod Ricard, in litigations in court, the Patent and Trademark Office, and the National Advertising Division involving trademark and advertising claims related to Stolichnaya vodka.
- University of Chicago Law School, 2001, J.D.
- Tufts University, 1998, B.A.