Monisha D’Souza, based in Hong Kong, is an associate and a member of the firm’s Corporate Department and M&A Group. She is recognised by ...
Read Full Biography
- AIA Group in its $600 million offering of 4.95% notes, due 2033.
- Chubb in its 15-year exclusive bancassurance distribution agreement with Hang Seng Bank.
- HarbourVest Partners, TPG NewQuest and Committed Advisors as the lead investors in CSP Fund II, a $700 million continuation vehicle sponsored by a partnership between Capital Square Partners and Basil Technology Partners to acquire a portfolio of companies from existing funds.
- AIA in its pan-Asian health insurtech joint venture with Discovery.
- Carlyle in its strategic growth investment and acquisition of a majority stake in Saama, a leading AI-driven intelligent clinical cloud company that enables the life sciences industry to conduct faster and safer clinical developments and regulatory programs, valuing the company at up to $430 million.
- AIA Group in its investment in Tiki, an all-in-one e-commerce platform in Vietnam, and entry into an exclusive 10 year partnership, the first of its kind between a life insurer and a digital platform in Vietnam.
- AIA Malaysia in its investment in TNG Digital Sdn. Bhd., owner of Touch ‘n Go eWallet, Malaysia’s largest e-wallet provider, and entry into a long term strategic partnership.
- AIA in its acquisition of BEA Life Limited and 15-year exclusive bancassurance partnership with The Bank of East Asia in Hong Kong and Mainland China.
- AIA in its strategic partnership with Practo, India’s leading digital healthcare platform.
- AIA Group in its $1.75 billion offering of 3.2% subordinated fixed rate securities, due in 2040. The offering was named “Bond Deal of the Year” by FinanceAsia in its annual Achievement Awards.
- FWD in the acquisition of Vietcombank – Cardif Life Insurance and entry into a long-term distribution partnership.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in its investment in The National Investment and Infrastructure Fund of India. The deal won the “Private Equity Deal of the Year” category at the IFLR1000 India Awards.
- Alibaba in the joint venture of its AliExpress business in Russia with the Russian Direct Investment Fund, MegaFon and Mail.ru, aimed at integrating Russia’s key consumer internet and e-commerce platforms.
- AIA Group in its $500 million offering of 3.90% notes due 2028.
- AXA in its acquisition of Bermuda-based XL/Catlin Group for $15.3 billion in connection with insurance M&A and regulatory matters.
- Hony Capital in its strategic investment in, and related cooperation arrangements with, as well as follow-on investment and subsequent corporate restructuring transactions involving, the WeWork Companies.
- HarbourVest Partners in its co-investment in connection with the acquisition of an Australian wine producer.
- HarbourVest Partners in its direct investment in Janalakshmi Financial Services, a non-banking financial services company in India.
- The Heart Clinic, a cardiology specialist medical practice, in its sale to Virtus Medical Holdings, a private equity-backed medical services provider, and the establishment of long-term operating arrangements.
- Capital Group in its acquisition of a 40% equity stake in InterGlobe Technology Quotient.
- HarbourVest Partners in its co-investment with a Southeast Asian private equity fund in the buyout of an education group in Malaysia.
- AIA Group in its $500 million offering in Taiwan of 4.47% senior unsecured fixed rate notes due 2047.
- Capital Group in its investment in Go-Jek, an Indonesian hyperlocal transport, logistics and payments startup that operates a leading online delivery and ride-hailing platform in Southeast Asia.
- Capital Group in its acquisition of an equity stake in Intas Pharmaceuticals, one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in India, from ChrysCapital, an India-focused private equity firm.
- Columbia Law School, 2016, LL.M.
- Christ College of Law, Bangalore University, 2012, B.A.