Debevoise Advising Capital Group Private Markets in Acquisition of an Interest in Tsebo

18 January 2017

The London office of Debevoise & Plimpton LLP is advising Capital Group Private Markets, part of Capital Group, in its acquisition of a 35% interest in Tsebo, the leading Pan-African facilities services company. The remaining 65% interest will continue to be held by Wendel, one of Europe's leading listed investment firms.

Capital Group Private Markets will make its investment through CIPEF VI, a $3 billion fund focused on building a diversified global emerging markets private equity portfolio. As a significant minority shareholder, Capital Group Private Market's representation in Tsebo's governing bodies will be commensurate with its stake in the company.

Founded in 1992, Capital Group Private Markets has invested over $5 billion in more than 80 companies across emerging markets, on behalf of leading, global institutional investors in six private equity funds. As an active investor in Sub-Saharan Africa, Capital Group Private Markets first invested in South Africa in 1999.

Employing approximately 34,000 people across 23 countries, Tsebo provides solutions such as maintenance, catering, cleaning and security services, as well as remote camp services to clients across Africa.

The Debevoise team advising Capital International is being led by London partner E. Raman Bet-Mansour, and includes associates Timothy Merchant and Megan Atkinson.

Debevoise & Plimpton is a premier law firm with market-leading practices, a global perspective and strong New York roots. We deliver effective solutions to our clients’ most important legal challenges, applying clear commercial judgment and a distinctively collaborative approach.