From individual advocacy to large-scale projects with global implications, Debevoise & Plimpton is honored to work with our pro bono clients and partners. The firm recently received a number of recognitions that underscore Debevoise’s commitment to providing access to justice, and the breadth of our pro bono practice. We are continually inspired by the tremendous work of our partner organizations and clients. It is an honor to collaborate with and be recognized by:
- The Cyrus R. Vance Center for International Justice, Recognition at the Celebration of Pro Bono Excellence, for two crucial submissions to the international criminal court. The Debevoise team who assisted on these matters includes partners Catherine Amirfar and Natalie L. Reid and associates Sandy Azer, Berglind Halldorsdottir Birkland, Line Chataud, David A. Donatti, Catherine Hart, Lillian Khoury, Constantin Klein, Sarah Lee, Z.J. Jennifer Lim and David Menon.
- The International Bar Association, Group Member Award, for outstanding pro bono contributions and dedication to the organization’s eyeWitness project. The Debevoise team contributing to the project includes partner Jane Shvets and associates Ceri Chave, Gavin Chesney, Robert Maddox, Mark McCloskey, Rachel Stables, Heather Atkins and Veronika Polakova.
- The Legal Aid Society, Pro Bono Publico Award, for ensuring equal access to justice through immigration work. The Debevoise team who worked on the related matter includes partner Catherine Amirfar and associates Anna Domyancic, Matthew D. Forbes and Leonie M. Stoute.
- Stupid Cancer, Corporate Honoree, for pro bono work supporting the organization and its mission to empower, support and improve health outcomes for the young adult cancer community.
- Washington Lawyers’ Committee, Outstanding Achievement Award, for counsel Ada Fernandez Johnson’s and associate So Jin Kim’s successful pro bono representation of their client, an asylee from El Salvador, in her wrongful termination suit.
- WNYC, Pro Bono Leadership Award, in recognition of more than 15 years of extraordinary advice and legal service.
We are proud to support the tireless efforts and tangible progress each of these organizations make in strengthening and serving our communities.
Debevoise & Plimpton is a premier law firm with market-leading practices, a global perspective and strong New York roots. We deliver effective solutions to our clients’ most important legal challenges, applying clear commercial judgment and a distinctively collaborative approach.