Patrick Taylor is a partner in the International Dispute Resolution Group. Mr. Taylor’s practice focuses on commercial and investment treaty arbitration, ...
Read Full Biography
- A major inter-governmental organisation on the international law regulation of sexual and gender-based violence in places of detention during armed conflict.
- A leading Russian manufacturer of steel pipes to restrain foreign court proceedings threatened in breach of a London-seated arbitration agreement.
- A satellite capacity provider in LCIA arbitration proceedings and domestic court proceedings brought by another satellite company.
- Tethyan Copper Company Pty Limited in a challenge against an ICC Award under ss. 67 & 68 of the 1996 Act.
- Tethyan Copper Company in its $6 billion arbitration win against the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, which is the second-largest ICSID award ever rendered.
- An international pharmaceutical company in an ICC emergency arbitration concerning supply obligations.
- A large Russian investment company in its defence of an LCIA arbitration claim brought by a Russian individual, relating to a corporate dispute with respect to a manufacturing group.
- Advice on a potential LCIA claim for breach of contract and misrepresentation in relation to a shareholder agreement between two Argentinian entities.
- A multinational professional services firm in a Belgian-seated commercial arbitration arising out of a post-M&A dispute.
- The Center for Reproductive Rights in securing UN recommendations to overturn El Salvador’s criminalization of abortion.
- A Cypriot company in a complex commercial arbitration in Stockholm under the SCC Rules, engaging contractual and fiduciary claims under German, Cypriot and Swedish law.
- Nova Group Investments in an ICSID claim against the Romanian Government under the Netherlands-Romania BIT relating to the expropriation of its Romanian assets.
- The Republic of Korea in ICSID arbitration filed by IPICI and Hanocal.
- A Russian shareholder in a highly publicised SCC arbitration regarding the ownership of a multibillion dollar stake in one of Russia’s largest mobile phone operators.
- A leading international oil & gas company in the quantification of losses arising from its investment treaty dispute with Venezuela which, at the time, was the highest-ever value claim brought under the ICSID rules.
- Various international oil & gas companies in the settlement of a high-profile and complex cost recovery and fiscal stabilization dispute with the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Various international oil & gas companies in the settlement of a production sharing agreement dispute with a CIS state oil company.
- A joint venture between two of the world’s largest oil & gas companies in a multibillion dollar overlifting and fiscal stabilization dispute with the Nigerian National Petroleum Company.
- A FTSE-100 company in structuring investment protections for a tax settlement in a Middle Eastern conflict zone.
- An international energy generation company in its renewable energy tariff dispute with an Eastern European Government.
- An international Africa-based mobile telecommunications company in a multibillion dollar shareholder dispute in Nigeria.
- An African mobile telecommunications company in licence disputes in Iran, ATS claims in the U.S., and a highly publicized investigation in its home jurisdiction.
- A European private equity fund in the recovery of shares stolen in a corporate raid carried out through the corrupt enforcement of a fraudulent arbitration award.
- A large United States consulting firm in an arbitration brought by an Italian company in Milan under the rules of the Milan Chamber of Arbitration.
- An international NGO in its global litigation strategy regarding claims before UN human rights treaty monitoring bodies across multiple Latin American states.
- Nottingham Law School, 2002, L.P.C.
- University of Cambridge, 2001, LL.B. (Hons.)