Peter Irwin is a corporate partner, Chair of the firm’s Real Estate Group and a member of the Special Situations team. He regularly advises clients ...
Read Full Biography
- J.P. Morgan Asset Management in obtaining a subscription line for its joint venture with Zenith IOS.
- Carmel Partners in the sale of DriveTrain, a mixed-use apartment project, located in the RiNo neighborhood of Denver, CO.
- J.P. Morgan Asset Management in a programmatic joint venture with Zenith IOS to pursue industrial outdoor storage opportunities across the U.S., and subsequent acquisitions and financings.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in a joint venture with Goodman Group to develop and own industrial real estate assets across North America.
- A non-traded REIT in the acquisition of a multi-family project in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, including the assumption of the existing financing secured by the project.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in the formation of a programmatic joint venture between CPPIB and Bridge Industrial to develop industrial properties in several core markets across the U.S.
- J.P. Morgan Asset Management in the formation of a joint venture with AQUILA Commercial, as well as in obtaining construction financing for the pre-development and development of Alto, a 110,000-square-foot office and retail project located in East Austin, TX.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in the formation of a programmatic joint venture between CPPIB and affiliates of Greystar Real Estate Partners, LLC to pursue single-family rental opportunities in the U.S. and subsequent acquisitions.
- The We Company’s investment platform, ARK, in its acquisition and financing of an office building located at 600 California Street in San Francisco, CA.
- J.P. Morgan Asset Management in the sale of two industrial warehouses leased to Procter & Gamble in Edwardsville, IL.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in the development, financing and subsequent disposition with its partner, JBG Smith, of 1900 N Street, an office building located in the Dupont Circle area of Washington, D.C.
- A foreign investor in the acquisition of an interest, recapitalization and construction financing for an investment vehicle sponsored by Tishman Speyer Properties that is developing The Spiral, a 2.85 million-square-foot tower in the Hudson Yards district of New York City.
- A Middle Eastern sovereign wealth fund and its joint venture partner, Tishman Speyer Properties, in the sale of the iconic Chrysler Building in New York City.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in the formation of a programmatic joint venture between CPPIB and Quarterra Multifamily, a subsidiary of Lennar Corporation, to develop, own and operate multi-family properties in select U.S. markets.
- J.P. Morgan Asset Management in the joint venture acquisition and financing (from Wells Fargo) with Crestlight Capital of a portfolio of creative office buildings located in the West Midtown neighborhood of Atlanta, Georgia.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in its joint venture with Greystar Real Estate Partners to pursue life science real estate development opportunities in leading U.S. life science markets and subsequent acquisitions.
- J.P. Morgan Asset Management as adviser to an institutional investor in the formation of two joint ventures with JBG SMITH Properties in the development of the Potomac Yard Innovation District in Alexandria, VA, which development will include certain infrastructure and community features that will serve Virginia Tech’s state-of-the-art Innovation Campus.
- A consortium of investors led by Oaktree Capital Management in its acquisition of the Sea Island, GA resort.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in the formation of a programmatic joint venture between CPPIB and affiliates of Greystar Real Estate Partners to develop, own and operate multi-family real estate properties in select U.S. markets and subsequent acquisitions and financings.
- Oaktree Capital Management in the conversion of Oaktree’s interest to a preferred equity investment in Schmidt’s Commons, a mixed-use development in Philadelphia, PA formerly known as Northern Liberties.
- J.P. Morgan Asset Management in a joint venture with L&L Holding Co., Normandy Real Estate Partners, Columbia Property Trust, affiliates of Allianz Real Estate, and other institutional investors, in the acquisition, financing and redevelopment of the Terminal Stores building in the West Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan.
- St. John's University School of Law, 1996, J.D.
- Cornell University, 1993, B.S.