Philip Orange is a professional support lawyer in the Corporate Department and a member of the firm’s Financial Institutions and Investment Management ...
Read Full Biography
- Elliott Management in the recapitalization of Affinion Group Holdings and related equity and stockholder arrangements.
- Hamilton Insurance Group in its acquisition of Pembroke Managing Agency and Ironshore Europe DAC from Liberty Mutual.
- AmTrust Financial Services in the merging of its Lloyd’s business with Canopius. The transaction will create a top-five insurer at Lloyd’s with combined premiums of approximately $2.2 billion.
- AXA in its acquisition of Bermuda-based XL/Catlin Group for $15.3 billion in connection with insurance M&A and regulatory matters.
- Hanover Insurance in its $950 million sale of Chaucer, its Lloyd's-focused international specialty business, to China Re.
- HarbourVest Partners in its role in the £1.2 billion take-private acquisition of UK insurer esure.
- American International Group in its $5.56 billion acquisition of Validus Group, a Bermuda-based, NYSE-listed, (re)insurance company.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a 40% ownership interest in Belron, which valued the company at €3 billion.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in its $1.1 billion acquisition of Ascot from American International Group.
- HarbourVest Partners in its £806.6 million acquisition of the investment portfolio of SVG Capital, a publicly listed investment fund. The acquisition followed an initial £1,015 million takeover offer by HarbourVest Partners for SVG Capital.
- MBIA in the sale of its UK subsidiary to Assured Guaranty.
- AmTrust Financial Services in its $219 million acquisition of ANV Holding, a Lloyd's platform.
- Exor as insurance M&A counsel in its contested $6.9 billion acquisition of PartnerRe, a Bermuda-based reinsurance company.
- TIAA-CREF in its partnership with Henderson Group PLC to create TIAA Henderson Real Estate Limited, a new global real estate investment management company.