Robert Staffaroni, a retired partner, was a member of the Tax Department whose practice focused on equipment leasing and other financing transactions, ...
Read Full Biography
- Alliance Boots in tax matters relating to the possible tax inversion of Walgreens.
- American Airlines and AMR, as special aircraft counsel, in their successful Chapter 11 proceedings involving the restructuring of complex financing arrangements relating to more than 400 aircraft generating savings in excess of $1.8 billion and to the raising of more than $9 billion of new financing through various capital markets, syndicated lending and other financing transactions. This restructuring was honored by Turnarounds & Workouts as one of a dozen “Successful Restructurings – 2013.”
- American Airlines in its 2013 purchase agreements with Embraer and Bombardier covering an aggregate of 90 firm aircraft and 130 option aircraft and in related export credit agency and manufacturer backstop financing facilities.
- American Airlines in negotiating aircraft financing facilities with, among others, Boeing, GECAS, Airbus, Aercap and ILFC.
- AMR Corporation and American Airlines in numerous other financing transactions, including offerings of pass through trust certificates, secured notes, convertible notes and equity, aircraft mortgage loans, spare engine and spare parts financings, slots, routes and gates financings, export credit financings, manufacturer financing commitments and U.S. and cross-border equipment lease transactions, and in arrangements with regional carriers.
- Delta Air Lines in pass through trust certificate offerings and equipment lease transactions.
- Delta Air Lines and Comair, as special aircraft counsel, in their successful Chapter 11 proceedings, involving the refinancing of more than 275 aircraft via new debt or lease arrangements, the return or other disposition of more than 140 aircraft, the elimination of four aircraft types from Delta’s fleet and the litigation of substantial aircraft financing claims.
- Spirit Airlines in several financing facilities.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, 1976, J.D.
- Yale University, 1973, B.A.