Sandy M. De Sousa is an associate and a member of the Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Group.
Ms. De Sousa joined Debevoise in 2019. Ms. ...
Read Full Biography
- Brookfield Reinsurance in its acquisition of Argo in a transaction valued at approximately $1.1 billion.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition, together with Greenbriar Equity Group, of Paradigm Precision and Whitcraft Group and the merger of the two companies.
- Wilton Re, a majority-owned reinsurance company of CPP Investments, in its sale of Ivari, a Toronto-based life insurance company, to Sagicor Financial Company.
- Spirit Airlines in its sale to JetBlue for $3.8 billion.
- EQT Exeter, a purpose-driven global investment organization, in its acquisition of Redwood Capital Group, an asset manager in the multifamily residential property space.
- Carlyle in its acquisition of Abingworth, a transatlantic life sciences investment firm with over $2 billion in assets under management.
- Spirit Airlines in its merger, later terminated, with Frontier Group Holdings, parent company of Frontier Airlines, in a transaction valued at $6.6 billion.
- Carestream Dental, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company and leading provider of dental technology, in the $600 million carve-out sale of its Scanning Technology business to Envista, a leading global dental products company.
- Oaktree Capital Management, a leader among global investment managers specializing in alternative investments, in its acquisition of Velocity Risk, a catastrophe-focused property and specialty insurance risks managing general agent.
- Covéa in its $9 billion acquisition of Partner Re, the largest deal in the insurance sector in 2021.
- Lone Wolf, a Stone Point Capital portfolio company, in its acquisition of Propertybase, a leading global real estate and mortgage software company.
- Domtar in its $3 billion sale to Paper Excellence.
- Domtar in the $920 million sale of its personal care business to American Industrial Partners.
- Third Point Re in its $788 million merger with Sirius Group.
- The Special Committee of Liberty Broadband in Liberty Broadband’s $10.59 billion acquisition of GCI Liberty.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of Radio Systems Corporation, a market-leading provider of innovative pet product solutions.
- Morgan Stanley Capital Partners in its investment in World 50, a provider of private peer communities for business executives.
- Stone Point Capital in its acquisition of Safe-Guard.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, 2019, J.D.
- Montclair State University, 2013, B.A.