Simone Hicks is a partner in Debevoise & Plimpton LLP’s Washington D.C. office and a member of the firm’s Executive Compensation & ...
Read Full Biography
- Spirit Airlines in its sale to JetBlue for $3.8 billion.
- LIBERTY Dental Plan Corporation, a dental benefits administrator, in its sale of a majority stake in LIBERTY to Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe, a private equity firm.
- Spirit Airlines in its merger, later terminated, with Frontier Group Holdings, parent company of Frontier Airlines, in a transaction valued at $6.6 billion.
- Sun Life in its $2.475 billion acquisition of DentaQuest.
- HCA Healthcare, one of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, in its agreement to acquire the operations of five hospitals of Steward Health Care, the largest physician-led healthcare network.
- HCA Healthcare, one of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, in its agreement to divest certain assets from its joint venture with Brookdale Health Care Services to LHC Group, a national provider of in-home healthcare.
- Discovery, Inc. in the acquisition of WarnerMedia from AT&T in a Reverse Morris Trust transaction that values the combined entity at approximately $130 billion.
- Domtar in its $3 billion sale to Paper Excellence.
- HCA Healthcare in its acquisition of a majority stake in Brookdale Health Care Services, the home health, hospice and outpatient therapy business of Brookdale Senior Living.
- Domtar in the $920 million sale of its personal care business to American Industrial Partners.
- Toyota Motor Corporation, as an investor in Uber Technologies' self driving unit Advanced Technologies Group (Uber ATG), in its sale of Uber ATG to Aurora.
- Gogo in the $400 million sale of its commercial aviation business to Intelsat.
- Verizon in its acquisition of BlueJeans, a market-leading cloud-based video conferencing and event platform.
- American Express in its acquisition of Resy, a leading digital restaurant reservation booking and management platform.
- Toyota Motor Corporation in its joint investment, with DENSO Corporation and SoftBank Vision Fund, in Uber’s Advanced Technologies Group.
- HCA Healthcare in its $1.5 billion acquisition of Mission Health, a nonprofit North Carolina health system.
- Carlyle in its acquisition of an outstanding interest in NEP Group from Crestview Partners.
- Pitney Bowes in the sale of its global production mail business to Platinum Equity.
- Time Inc. in its $2.8 billion sale to Meredith.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and Brand Energy and Infrastructure Services in the merger of Brand Energy and Safway Group, forming the leading global industrial service business with over $5 billion in revenue.
- Allergan in its $2.47 billion acquisition of ZELTIQ, a medical technology company focused on utilizing its proprietary CoolSculpting controlled-cooling technology platform, the sales leader in the fast-growing body contouring segment of medical aesthetics.
- Alliant Insurance Services, the nation’s largest specialty insurance brokerage firm, in its acquisition of Mesirow Insurance Services.
- Hussmann, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in its $1.5 billion sale to Panasonic.
- TruGreen, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, and CD&R in TruGreen’s merger with Scotts LawnService.
- Providence Equity Partners and SRA in the merger of SRA with the government services unit of CSC, creating the largest pure-play IT services provider serving the U.S. government sector.
- Independent Committee of the Board of Directors of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia in its $365 million sale to Sequential Brands.
- Actavis in the sale of Aptalis Pharmaceutical Technologies, a pharmaceutical outsourcing and R&D business in the U.S., to TPG.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $910 million acquisition of Healogics, the largest advanced wound care services provider in the U.S.
- Forest Laboratories in its $2.9 billion acquisition of Aptalis, a gastrointestinal and cystic fibrosis company, from TPG.
- Fidelity & Guaranty Life in its $190.6 million initial public offering.
- PSAV, a Kelso & Company portfolio company, in its acquisition by affiliates of Goldman Sachs.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisitions of Brand Energy and Harsco Infrastructure in a combined transaction valued at $2.5 billion.
- Hofstra Law School, 2012, J.D.
- University at Buffalo, State University of New York, 2007, B.A.