Steve Klugman is a retired partner and was a member of the firm’s Litigation Department. In his 34 years at Debevoise, including 27 as a partner, he worked principally on commercial disputes in federal and state courts and before international and domestic arbitration panels, and on defending federal securities cases.
Mr. Klugman handled:
- Contract disputes in a variety of contexts, many of which arose out of corporate mergers and acquisitions.
- Fraudulent conveyance cases.
- Insurance coverage litigation and arbitrations.
- Reinsurance arbitrations.
- Commercial arbitrations.
- Claims for breach of fiduciary duty.
- Stock appraisal proceedings in Delaware Chancery Court.
Mr. Klugman received his B.A. from Amherst College in 1973 and his J.D. from Yale Law School in 1977. Before joining Debevoise, Mr. Klugman served as a law clerk for the Hon. Joseph S. Lord III, Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.