Thomas Kelly is a corporate partner and Chair for the Americas of the firm’s Insurance Industry Group and has represented insurance companies in ...
Read Full Biography
- Jackson National Life Insurance in its agreements to reinsure John Hancock Life Insurance’s Group Payout Annuity business.
- Global Atlantic in the reinsurance of $9 billion of fixed annuities and other spread-based reserves of Talcott Resolution, The Hartford’s run-off life and annuity businesses.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in its $1.8 billion acquisition of Wilton Re, a U.S. life insurance and reinsurance provider.
- Global Atlantic Financial Group in its acquisition of the life insurance business of Aviva USA.
- The Principal Financial Group in its acquisition of AFP Cuprum S.A., a pension manager in Chile.
- TIAA-CREF in its partnership with Henderson Group PLC to create TIAA Henderson Real Estate Limited, a new global real estate investment management company, with total assets under management of over $63 billion.
- New York Life Insurance Company in the sale of New York Life Insurance Taiwan Corporation, its Taiwan life insurance subsidiary, to Taishin Financial Holding Co.
- Harbinger Group in its $350 million acquisition of Old Mutual U.S. Life Holdings.
- Phoenix Life Insurance Company in a reinsurance transaction with Nomura Financial involving its demutualization closed block.
- Pacific Life Insurance Company in numerous reserve financing facilities.
- New York Life in its $1 billion offering of surplus notes.
- Pacific Life Insurance Company in its $1 billion offering of surplus notes.
- Principal Financial Group in its $750 million offering of senior notes and its $1 billion offering of common stock.
- An insurance company in a $3.5 billion 30 year letter of credit facility to finance XXX and AXXX reserves.
- Swiss Re and other lenders in the development of a $500 million 5-year surplus loan note facility for Farmers Insurance Exchange, a California interinsurance exchange.
- An insurance company in a $2.5 billion securitization of its demutualization closed block, the largest life insurance securitization to date.
- Provident Mutual in its $1.5 billion sponsored demutualization and acquisition by Nationwide Financial Services.
- Morgan Stanley, as financial advisor, in the demutualization of EIG Mutual Holding Company, a Nevada insurance company.
- Stone Point Capital and Harbor Point in the formation and initial $1.5 billion capitalization of Harbor Point Limited, a global reinsurance company based in Bermuda, and Harbor Point's acquisition of the ongoing business of Chubb Re, a subsidiary of The Chubb Corporation.
- Principal Financial Group in its $550 million offering of non-cumulative perpetual preferred stock and its $500 million offering of senior notes.
- Pacific Life Insurance Company in the sale by bulk reinsurance of its small group health care business to PacifiCare.
- Phoenix Life Insurance Company in the sale of broker-dealer subsidiaries to Linsco/Private Ledger Financial Services.
- Pacific Life Insurance Company in the establishment of a $3 billion global funding agreement-backed medium term note program and an €8 billion retail European funding agreement-backed note program, the first of its kind.
- Phoenix Life Insurance Company in its acquisition by bulk reinsurance of the variable annuity business of Valley Forge Life Insurance Company, a subsidiary of CNA.
- Harvard Law School, 1983, J.D.
- Columbia University, 1979, A.B.