Dr. Thomas Schürrle is admitted to practice both in Germany and the United States. He works on cross-border transactions and advises on corporate ...
Read Full Biography
- Allergan in its sale of Brazikumab to AstraZeneca and Zenpep to Nestle.
- An American publicly traded Internet domain registrar and web hosting company with corporate defense in a major data breach case.
- Solenis in the combination with BASF's paper and water chemicals business.
- An international U.S. conglomerate in the internal investigations relating to a German business branch.
- A large German bank in an assessment of its compliance management system relating to the distribution of financial products.
- A large German bank in an investigation relating to breach of trust allegations.
- One of the world’s largest commodity trading houses in a representation relating to public investigations into bribery and breach of trust allegations.
- A leading European retail group in an assessment of its compliance management system in Germany, Russia, Turkey, Italy and the Benelux countries.
- A German automotive supply group in an assessment of its compliance management system.
- Ferrostaal, a global provider of industrial services in plant construction and engineering, in an extensive internal compliance investigation relating to allegations of corruption and other wrongdoing in several jurisdictions.
- Siemens in an internal investigation to determine whether anti-corruption regulations had been violated and in an independent and comprehensive assessment of the compliance and control systems at Siemens.
- Deutsche Telekom in United States Department of Justice and SEC investigations relating to payments made by its Hungarian subsidiary, Magyar Telekom.
- An internal investigation for the audit committee of a worldwide communications company concerning payments made to certain commercial counterparties.
- Multinational companies and private fund sponsors in the creation of anti-corruption compliance programs.
- A leading manufacturer of comprehensive drive technology based in Japan, in its €165 million acquisition of a motors and actuators business and other M&A transactions in Germany.
- A U.S. media conglomerate in antitrust issues on the acquisition of a media enterprise.
- A major Japanese automotive corporation as claimant in consolidated ICC London arbitration proceedings concerning a multibillion-euro cross-shareholding and arising out of a commercial alliance.
- An international pharmaceutical corporation in a dispute relating to a joint venture for the research and development of certain vaccines.
- University of Michigan Law School, 1987, LL.M.
- Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg, 1985, Dr. iur.
- Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg, 1981, First State Examination