Tigist Kassahun is a corporate associate and a member of the firm’s Intellectual Property and Mergers & Acquisitions Groups, as well as ...
Read Full Biography
- The Carlyle Group, as majority owner of Syniverse, in Syniverse’s $2.85 billion merger with special purpose acquisition company M3-Brigade Acquisition II Corp. resulting in Syniverse becoming a publicly traded company.
- Discovery in the acquisition of WarnerMedia from AT&T in a Reverse Morris Trust transaction that values the combined entity at approximately $130 billion.
- Blackstone Group in its investment in Ginger, a leader in on-demand healthcare, as part of a $100 million Series E funding round.
- The Carlyle Group, as majority owner of Syniverse, in Twilio’s $750 million investment in Syniverse.
- Toyota Motor Corporation, as an investor in Uber Technologies' self driving unit Advanced Technologies Group (Uber ATG), in its sale of Uber ATG to Aurora.
- Gogo in the $400 million sale of its commercial aviation business to Intelsat.
- Toyota Motor Corporation in its $394 million investment in Joby Aviation, an aerospace company that is developing and commercializing all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft to enable the deployment of fast, quiet and affordable air taxi services.
- Prudential Financial in its $2.35 billion acquisition of Assurance IQ.
- Amazon as strategic partner to Yankee Global Enterprises in the acquisition of the YES Network from The Walt Disney Company at a total enterprise value of $3.47 billion.
- Centerbridge Partners in its investment in GoHealth.
- Toyota Motor Corporation in its joint investment, with DENSO Corporation and SoftBank Vision Fund, in Uber’s Advanced Technologies Group.
- Providence Service Corporation and LogistiCare in LogistiCare’s acquisition of Circulation, a provider of technology-enabled logistics solutions and analytics for managing non-emergency transportation across healthcare.
- The Carlyle Group in its strategic minority investment in DiscoverOrg, the leading global sales and marketing intelligence platform.
- Verizon Communications in its $3.1 billion acquisition of Straight Path Communications, a leading wireless spectrum holder.
- Nassau Financial Group, a Golden Gate Capital portfolio company, in the sale of its life insurance and annuity distribution company, Saybrus Partners, to AmeriLife Group.
- Constellation, backed by institutional investors Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board, in its acquisition of Columbian Mutual Life Insurance Company, as part of Columbian’s demutualization process.
- Constellation, backed by institutional investors Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board, in its $1 billion acquisition of Ohio National, as part of Ohio National’s demutualization process.
- MassMutual in its $3.5 billion acquisition of Great American Life, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Financial Group.
- MetLife in the $3.94 billion sale of its auto and home business to Zurich Insurance Group subsidiary Farmers Group.
- Prudential Financial in its $1.9 billion sale of Prudential Life Insurance of Korea to KB Financial Group.
- Covéa Group in its $9 billion acquisition of PartnerRe. (Terminated)
- J.C. Flowers and AmeriLife Group in the sale of AmeriLife to Thomas H. Lee Partners.
- AXA Equitable Holdings in its agreement to sell U.S. Financial Life Insurance Company & MONY Life Insurance Company of the Americas.
- AmTrust Financial Services in a strategic transaction with Madison Dearborn for a portion of AmTrust’s U.S. fee businesses valued at $1.15 billion.
- International Paper, a global producer of renewable fiber-based packaging and pulp products, in the separation and spin-off of its global printing papers business, Sylvamo, and related financing arrangements.
- Domtar in its $3 billion sale to Paper Excellence.
- Individual FoodService, a Kelso & Company portfolio company, in its merger with Brady Industries.
- Reynolds Group and Closure Systems International (CSI) in their sale of CSI businesses and facilities to Cerberus Capital Management.
- SouthernCarlson in its sale to Kyocera Corporation.
- Dealer Tire in its significant investment in SimpleTire.
- Solenis, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in its combination with BASF's paper and water chemicals business.
- International Paper in the $1.8 billion combination of its North America Consumer Packaging business with Graphic Packaging.
- Dover Corporation in its $780 million acquisition of Wayne Fueling Systems from Riverstone Holdings.
- International Paper in its $2.2 billion acquisition of Weyerhaeuser’s pulp business.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and Solenis in the sale of Solenis to Platinum Equity at an implied enterprise value of $5.25 billion.
- Kelso & Company in its acquisition of a majority interest in C.L. Smith and its combination of C.L. Smith with Inmark.
- Morgan Stanley Capital Partners in the sale of Manna Pro Products, a recognized leader in the care and nurturing of pets, with roots going back to 1842, to funds affiliated with The Carlyle Group.
- CoAdvantage, a Morgan Stanley Private Equity portfolio company, in its acquisition of Progressive Employer Management Company.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $2.5 billion acquisition of HD Supply’s Waterworks Division, the largest distributor of waterworks products in the U.S.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a controlling stake in Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare, a leading global manufacturer of medical products.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $415 million acquisition of High Ridge Brands, the largest North American consolidation platform focused on acquiring orphaned personal care brands, from Brynwood Partners.
- University of California at Berkeley, 2015, J.D.
- Pomona College, 2010, B.A.