William Beekman is a retired partner. Until his retirement, he was a senior finance partner with experience in a broad range of complex financings, including ...
Read Full Biography
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in the financing aspects of its acquisition of Cadence Education, a leading provider of early childhood education.
- American Seafoods, the largest harvester of wild-caught fish for human consumption in the United States, in its completed deleveraging recapitalization.
- Stone Point Capital in its significant equity investment in specialty insurance broker Alliant Insurance Services, with KKR retaining a significant equity investment in the business.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in the financing aspects of its $12 billion acquisition of GE Capital’s sponsor lending business, including Antares Capital, the leading lender to middle market private equity sponsors in the U.S.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the financing aspects of its acquisition of a 42.5% stake in Univar in a sponsored recapitalization transaction valuing Univar at $4.2 billion.
- Oaktree PPIP Fund, a $4.6 billion fund making investments in CMBS under the U.S. Treasury Department's Public-Private Investment Program.
- OCM Mezzanine Fund II and related entities in a multicurrency facility of up to $275 million secured by a portfolio of mezzanine loan investments.
- Kelso & Company in the financing aspects of a majority investment in Cronos, including a $765 million revolving credit facility.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the financing aspects of its 46% investment in JohnsonDiversey, a transaction valued at $2.6 billion.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and Kohlberg Kravis Roberts in the financing aspects of the $7.1 billion acquisition of US Foods.
- Discovery Communications in the $1.5 billion financing for the acquisition from Cox Communications of a 25% interest in Discovery for cash and certain assets, including the Travel Channel.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, The Carlyle Group and Merrill Lynch Private Equity in the senior credit and high yield financings of the $15 billion acquisition of The Hertz Corporation.
- American Seafoods, a Centre Partners portfolio company, with its financings.
- Fisher Scientific in its credit facility and customer accounts receivable securitization.
- American Funds Distributors and its parent, Capital Research and Management Company, in a securitization of mutual fund distribution fees.
- The institutional investors in the negotiation and purchase of $270 million of trust certificates representing an ownership interest in future payments due to the Bahamian affiliate of a large Panamanian bank from Visa and MasterCard in connection with international interchange arising from the processing of merchant receivables generated by cardholders within Panama.
- Delta Air Lines in its 2004 out-of-court restructuring of a large portion of its aircraft fleet financings.
- Yale Law School, 1980, J.D.
- Harvard University, 1971, B.A.