William Regner is a member of Debevoise’s Mergers & Acquisitions, Technology, Media & Telecommunications, Financial Institutions and Corporate ...
Read Full Biography
- The Joint Committee of the Board of Directors of BGC Partners in BGC Partners’ conversion into a corporate structure.
- Nuveen, the investment manager of TIAA, in its acquisition of a controlling interest in Arcmont Asset Management, a private debt management firm.
- Spirit Airlines in its sale to JetBlue for $3.8 billion.
- J.P. Morgan Securities, as financial advisor to multi-cloud services provider VMware, in its sale to global technology leader Broadcom, in a transaction valued at approximately $61 billion.
- EQT Exeter, a purpose-driven global investment organization, in its acquisition of Redwood Capital Group, an asset manager in the multifamily residential property space.
- Verizon in its investment in Casa, a provider of physical and cloud-native infrastructure technology solutions.
- Spirit Airlines in its merger, later terminated, with Frontier Group Holdings, parent company of Frontier Airlines, in a transaction valued at $6.6 billion.
- Evercore, as financial advisor to Vocera Communications, in its sale to medical technologies company Stryker for a total enterprise value of approximately $3.09 billion.
- Morgan Stanley, as financial advisor to Hexion, in its sale to private equity firm American Securities.
- Centerview, as financial advisor to R.R. Donnelly, a leading global provider of multichannel business communications services and marketing solutions, in its $2.1 billion sale to Atlas.
- International Paper, a global producer of renewable fiber-based packaging and pulp products, in the separation and spin-off of its global printing papers business, Sylvamo, and related financing arrangements.
- Morgan Stanley, as financial advisor to Veoneer, in its sale to Magna, later terminated, and in its subsequent sale to SSW Partners.
- Aflac in its $2.1 billion strategic partnership with Denham Capital to accelerate Denham’s sustainable infrastructure platform.
- Covanta in its sale to EQT in a transaction valued at more than $5 billion, in which EQT acquired all shares of Covanta common stock for $20.25 per share.
- Parnassus, the largest ESG-dedicated fund manager in the U.S., in its sale of a majority equity interest to AMG.
- Discovery, Inc. in the acquisition of WarnerMedia from AT&T in a Reverse Morris Trust transaction that values the combined entity at approximately $130 billion.
- Domtar in its $3 billion sale to Paper Excellence.
- Stone Point Capital in its investment in the combination of Consilio and Xact Data Discovery.
- The Dolan Family in MSG Entertainment’s acquisition of MSG Networks.
- Special Committee of R1 RCM in its conversion of all of the Series A Convertible Preferred Stock held by an investment vehicle jointly owned by Ascension and TowerBrook to common stock.
- Domtar in the $920 million sale of its personal care business to American Industrial Partners.
- Investcorp in its strategic partnership with Centre Lane Partners, a private credit manager.
- CANDRIAM and its affiliate New York Life Investments Alternatives in their strategic partnership with Kartesia Management, a private credit manager, and the related acquisition of a minority stake in the firm.
- J.P. Morgan Securities, as financial advisor to Marvell Technology Group, in Marvell’s acquisition of Inphi Corporation creating a semiconductor company with an enterprise value of $40 billion.
- Stone Point Capital in its investment in Lone Wolf Technologies, the North American leader in residential real estate software.
- Steven Cohen and Cohen Private Ventures in the $2.4 billion acquisition of the Mets.
- The Special Committee of Liberty Broadband in Liberty Broadband’s $10.59 billion acquisition of GCI Liberty.
- Blackstone in its $2.7 billion sale of F&G to Fidelity National Financial.
- Stone Point Capital in its acquisition of Safe-Guard.
- Aflac Global Investments, a subsidiary of Aflac, in its $3 billion strategic partnership with Varagon Capital Partners, a direct lender to middle market companies.
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Match Group, a dating company with a market value of over $30 billion, in its separation from IAC.
- InterXion in its combination with Digital Realty, valuing InterXion at $8.4 billion.
- Amazon as strategic partner to Yankee Global Enterprises in the acquisition of the YES Network from The Walt Disney Company at a total enterprise value of $3.47 billion.
- Syncora Holdings in its $429 million sale of Syncora Guarantee, a wholly owned subsidiary, to Star Insurance Holdings, an entity organized by GoldenTree Asset Management LP.
- The We Company in the combination of WeWork Property Advisors, an investment advisor affiliated with The We Company and Rhône Group, and ARK to create a global real estate acquisition and management platform.
- EIG in the formation of a joint venture with FS Investments to manage the $4 billion FS Energy and Power Fund.
- Time Inc. in its $2.8 billion sale to Meredith.
- OppenheimerFunds in a joint venture with Carlyle, which will provide global private credit opportunities for the wealth market.
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of BGC Partners in BGC Partners’ acquisition of Berkeley Point Financial, a leading commercial real estate finance company.
- Evercore, as financial advisor to the Special Committee of Fortress Investment Group, in Fortress Investment’s $3.3 billion acquisition by SoftBank.
- PJT Partners, as financial advisor to WestRock, in WestRock's $2.28 billion acquisition of Multi Packaging Solutions.
- New York Life Investments in its acquisition of a majority interest in Credit Value Partners, a distressed and high-yield debt investment management business.
- HarbourVest Partners in its acquisition from Bank of America of the BAML Capital Access Funds group, a private equity fund-of- funds manager focused on opportunities with emerging managers, diverse managers, the lower middle market and other underserved markets.
- Guardian in its sale of RS Investments to Victory Capital.
- J.P. Morgan Securities, as financial advisor to Salesforce, in Salesforce's $1.4 billion acquisition of ClickSoftware.
- Twitch Interactive in its acquisition of Curse, a leading global multimedia and technology company focused on creating content and products specifically for gamers.
- Guardian in the acquisition by its subsidiary, Reed Group, of the absence management administration business of Aon Hewitt.
- Activision Blizzard in its $5.9 billion acquisition of King Digital Entertainment.
- Evercore, as financial advisor to Tokio Marine, in Tokio Marine's $7.5 billion acquisition of HCC Insurance.
- J.P Morgan Securities, as financial advisor to OmniVision Technologies, in the $1.9 billion sale of OmniVision Technologies to a consortium composed of Hua Capital Management, CITIC Capital, and GoldStone Investment.
- The Dolan family, controlling stockholders of Cablevision Systems Corporation, in Cablevision’s $17.7 billion sale to Altice.
- StanCorp Financial Group in its $5 billion sale to Meiji Yasuda Life Insurance Company.
- Guardian in the sale of its majority ownership in eMoney Advisor, a leading wealth planning software company, to Fidelity Investments.
- New York Life Investments in its acquisition of IndexIQ, a leader in the liquid alternative exchange-traded fund industry.
- Kelso & Company in its acquisition with Estancia Capital Management of American Beacon.
- TIAA-CREF in its $6.25 billion acquisition of Nuveen Investments, a diversified investment management company with $221 billion in assets under management.
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Dell in the $24.9 billion sale of Dell to an investor group including Michael Dell and Silver Lake.
- Rothschild Asset Management, the U.S. asset management business of the Rothschild Group, in the establishment of Rothschild Larch Lane Management Company, a registered fund of hedge funds with Larch Lane Advisors.
- New York Life Investments in its €380 million acquisition of Dexia Asset Management.
- FLAG Capital Management in its acquisition of Squadron Capital, a Hong Kong-based private equity investment firm.
- International Paper in its $4.3 billion acquisition of Temple-Inland.
- Providence Equity Partners in its $1.9 billion going private acquisition of SRA International, a provider of technology and strategic consulting services.
- Alibaba in its sale of a $1.6 billion stake to a consortium of investors including Silver Lake Technology Management, Digital Sky Technologies, Temasek Holdings and Yunfeng Capital.
- Access Industries in its $3.3 billion acquisition of Warner Music Group.
- Hertz Global Holdings in its $2.3 billion acquisition of Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group.
- New York Life Investments in its acquisition of a majority interest in Private Advisors, a manager of private equity and hedge funds of funds with $3.9 billion in assets under management.
- American International Group in the sale of its investment advisory and asset management business to Pacific Century Group.
- BM&F Bovespa in its $620 million investment in and joint venture with CME Group to form Global Preferred Strategic Partners.
- Amazon in its $545 million acquisition of Quidsi, which operates Diapers.com, an online baby care specialty site, Soap.com, an online site for everyday essentials, and BeautyBar.com, a prestige beauty boutique.
- Verizon Wireless in its $2.35 billion sale of wireless assets to AT&T and $240 million acquisition of wireless assets from AT&T.
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of eSpeed in eSpeed’s $1.3 billion merger with BGC Partners.
- Verizon Wireless in its acquisition of Alltel Corporation, a transaction valued at $28.1 billion, and in its $2.67 billion acquisition of Rural Cellular.
- Icahn Enterprises Audit and Special Committees in numerous assignments, including in the company's $863 million acquisition of a majority interest in Federal-Mogul Corporation, in the company's acquisition of the Icahn hedge fund business, a group of private investment funds managed by Carl Icahn with committed capital of $7 billion, and in the company's $652 million acquisition of oil and gas and gaming and entertainment assets from affiliates of Mr. Icahn.
- International Paper in its $6 billion acquisition of Weyerhaeuser's packaging business.
- New York Life Investments in its acquisition of Institutional Capital Corporation, an investment management firm.
- Verizon Communications in its acquisition of MCI, a transaction with an equity value of $8.5 billion.
- Yeshiva University, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 1994, J.D.
- Colgate University, 1988, A.B.