Zhiyan Cao is a corporate counsel and member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity and Private Fund Transactions Groups. Her practice ...
Read Full Biography
- Hamilton Lane as lead investor in the formation of MiddleGround Capital’s $440 million MiddleGround Carbon CV, L.P. fund.
- Temasek as capital provider in the $1.5 billion take-private acquisition of SP Plus Corporation by Metropolis Technologies.
- Mitsui in its agreement to tender its minority stake in Thorne to L Catterton in a take-private transaction with an aggregate value of approximately $680 million.
- Elliott Management in its investment leading Speyside’s single asset continuation fund to support the future growth of its portfolio company Opta.
- Oaktree Capital Management as a lead investor in the $890 million recapitalization of Patriot National Bancorp, parent company of a nationally chartered bank, in its merger with American Challenger, an entity formed in 2020 to establish a new digital national bank.
- Deutsche Bank Securities, as financial advisor to Trinseo, in the $491 million sale of Trinseo’s synthetic rubber business to Synthos.
- Kindred Healthcare in the sale of its RehabCare business line, a provider of contract therapy services in 43 states, to Select Rehabilitation, a leading provider of contract rehabilitation services.
- Funds managed by Oaktree Capital Management in their investment in a Quid Capital venture, which will offer liquidity benefits to shareholders of high-growth private technology companies.
- Funds managed by Oaktree Capital Management in the launch of Encina Lender Finance, a new independent lender finance platform targeting commercial and consumer specialty finance companies in the United States and Canada.
- Allergan in its sale of Brazikumab to AstraZeneca and Zenpep to Nestle.
- Amazon as strategic partner to Yankee Global Enterprises in the acquisition of the YES Network from The Walt Disney Company at a total enterprise value of $3.47 billion.
- J.P. Morgan Securities, as financial advisor to Quad/Graphics, in Quad/Graphics's $1.4 billion acquisition of LSC Communications. (Terminated)
- TPG and Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe in the $4.1 billion acquisition of Kindred Healthcare.
- Temasek in its strategic investment in BluJay Solutions, a leading provider of supply chain software and services.
- RWL Water in the merger by acquisition of Emefcy Group and RWL Water.
- Littlejohn & Co. in the sale of a minority interest in the firm’s management companies and general partners to Goldman Sachs Alternative Investments & Manager Selection (AIMS) Group.
- Guardian in its sale of RS Investments to Victory Capital.
- J.P. Morgan Securities, as financial advisor to Allergan, in Allergan's $40.5 billion sale of a generics unit to Teva Pharmaceutical Industries.
- New South Wales, 2009, Bachelor of Laws
- New South Wales, 2009, B.A.