Dr. Friedrich Popp is an international counsel in the Frankfurt office and a member of the firm’s Litigation Department. His practice focuses on ...
Read Full Biography
- Motel One, a leading European high design affordable hotel chain, in a trademark dispute before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board related to its first hotel in the United States.
- The German parent of U.S. private equity firm in litigation for alleged prospectus liability.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of PwC’s Global Mobility Tax and Immigration Services practice, the global leader in employee tax, immigration, business travel, cross-border managed services, and payroll solutions to multinational organizations and their employees.
- DoubleVerify, a Providence Equity Partners portfolio company and a leading software platform for digital media measurement and analytics, in its agreement to acquire Meetrics, a European ad verification company, in an all-cash transaction.
- The managing board of an international pharmaceutical corporation with headquarters in Germany on corporate governance under German Stock Corporation Law relating to compliance management.
- The audit committee of the supervisory board of a multinational software corporation on corporate governance and board responsibility under German stock corporation law in connection with compliance management.
- Allergan in its sale of Brazikumab to AstraZeneca and Zenpep to Nestle.
- An Asia-based global manufacturer in the solar power industry in an LCIA arbitration, involving claims of more than €200 million.
- A leading European retail group in an assessment of its compliance management system including Russia, Benelux and Italy.
- MAG Group in the sale of its subsidiary MAG IAS, including its French subsidiary Forest Liné, to Fives Group.
- An international pharmaceutical corporation in a dispute relating to a joint venture for the research and development of certain vaccines.
- A global pharmaceutical company in litigation alleging material breaches and unilateral termination of a commercial supply agreement for the development and manufacture of a vaccine.
- Contributing German law aspects for the claimant in a major ICC arbitration proceeding relating to the automotive industry.
- A large Russian bank in a dispute concerning accounting warranties, among other issues, which arose following its acquisition of a pan-CIS banking group. The matter settled on terms favorable to our client.
- U.S. multinational corporations in European, German and Austrian law aspects of FCPA investigations and OFAC sanctions.
- An expert witness for Austrian corporate law in a U.S. tax litigation.
- University of Virginia School of Law, 2010, LL.M.
- University of Vienna, Faculty of Law, 1997, Dr. iur.
- University of Vienna, Faculty of Law, 1993, Mag. iur.