J. Michael Snypes Jr. is counsel in the firm’s Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Group. His practice focuses on a broad range of executive ...
Read Full Biography
- Roadrunner in the $225 million sale of its Prime Distribution Services business to C.H. Robinson.
- Emergent Cold Storage, an Elliott Management portfolio company, in its sale to Lineage Logistics, the world’s largest refrigerated-storage company by space.
- J.C. Flowers and AmeriLife Group in the sale of AmeriLife to Thomas H. Lee Partners.
- The Carlyle Group in its $1.8 billion acquisition, with T&D Holdings, of a majority interest in Fortitude Re.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of Cynosure, a leader in medical aesthetics systems and technologies, from Hologic, a NASDAQ listed medical technology company primarily focused on women’s health.
- InterXion in its combination with Digital Realty, valuing InterXion at $8.4 billion.
- Reynolds Group and Closure Systems International (CSI) in their sale of CSI businesses and facilities to Cerberus Capital Management.
- Kelso & Company in its acquisition of a majority equity interest in Individual FoodService from Sole Source Capital.
- Amazon as strategic partner to Yankee Global Enterprises in the acquisition of the YES Network from The Walt Disney Company at a total enterprise value of $3.47 billion.
- Pernod Ricard in its $223 million acquisition of Castle Brands.
- NCI Building Systems in its unit purchase agreement with Environmental Materials, LLC.
- Ply Gem and Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in Ply Gem’s $5.5 billion stock-for-stock combination with NCI Building Systems.
- Prosperity Life Insurance in its sale to an investor group led by Elliott Management.
- Nationstar Mortgage, a leading mortgage servicer and originator, in its $3.8 billion merger with WMIH.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $2.4 billion take private of Ply Gem and acquisition of Atrium Windows & Doors, two leading building products companies.
- American International Group in its $5.56 billion acquisition of Validus Group, a Bermuda-based, NYSE-listed, (re)insurance company.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.S.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Master of Accounting