J. Michael Snypes, Jr. is a partner in the firm’s Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Group. His practice focuses on a broad range of ...
Read Full Biography
- Fortitude Re, a Carlyle Group portfolio company, in its acquisition of a $31 billion block of legacy variable annuities from Prudential Financial for a total transaction value of $2.2 billion.
- Pactiv Evergreen in its $380 million acquisition of Fabri-Kal, a U.S. manufacturer of foodservice and custom thermoformed plastic packaging solutions.
- Cornerstone Building Brands in the $168 million sale of its roll-up sheet door business, DBCI, to Janus.
- Cornerstone Building Brands in the sale of its Insulated Metal Panels business to Nucor for $1 billion in cash.
- Kelso & Company in its acquisition of a majority interest in C.L. Smith and its combination of C.L. Smith with Inmark.
- Artera, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company and one of the nation’s largest providers of integrated infrastructure services to natural gas and electric industries, in its acquisition of Feeney Utility Services Group.
- Kelso & Company in its acquisition of Ferraro Foods, a specialty foodservice distributor.
- Kelso & Company in its investment in Inmark.
- Individual FoodService, a Kelso & Company portfolio company, in its merger with Brady Industries.
- The Carlyle Group as a lead investor in the $1 billion launch of Vantage Group, a new re/insurance entity and its wholly owned subsidiary, Vantage Risk, a new property catastrophe reinsurance provider.
- Precision Medical Group in its investment from funds managed by Blackstone.
- Kelso & Company, as part of a consortium with Arch Capital Group and Warburg Pincus, in the $700 million acquisition of Watford Holdings, a global property and casualty insurance and reinsurance company.
- Cornerstone Building Brands in the pricing of its $500 million offering of 6.125% unsecured senior notes due 2029.
- Artera, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company and one of the nation’s largest providers of integrated infrastructure services to natural gas and electric industries, in its acquisition of Otis Eastern Service.
- Roadrunner in the $225 million sale of its Prime Distribution Services business to C.H. Robinson.
- Emergent Cold Storage, an Elliott Management portfolio company, in its sale to Lineage Logistics, the world’s largest refrigerated-storage company by space.
- J.C. Flowers and AmeriLife Group in the sale of AmeriLife to Thomas H. Lee Partners.
- The Carlyle Group in its $1.8 billion acquisition, with T&D Holdings, of a majority interest in Fortitude Re.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of Cynosure, a leader in medical aesthetics systems and technologies, from Hologic, a NASDAQ listed medical technology company primarily focused on women’s health.
- InterXion in its combination with Digital Realty, valuing InterXion at $8.4 billion.
- Reynolds Group and Closure Systems International (CSI) in their sale of CSI businesses and facilities to Cerberus Capital Management.
- Kelso & Company in its acquisition of a majority equity interest in Individual FoodService from Sole Source Capital.
- Amazon as strategic partner to Yankee Global Enterprises in the acquisition of the YES Network from The Walt Disney Company at a total enterprise value of $3.47 billion.
- Pernod Ricard in its $223 million acquisition of Castle Brands.
- NCI Building Systems in its unit purchase agreement with Environmental Materials, LLC.
- Ply Gem and Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in Ply Gem’s $5.5 billion stock-for-stock combination with NCI Building Systems.
- Prosperity Life Insurance in its sale to an investor group led by Elliott Management.
- Nationstar Mortgage, a leading mortgage servicer and originator, in its $3.8 billion merger with WMIH.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $2.4 billion take private of Ply Gem and acquisition of Atrium Windows & Doors, two leading building products companies.
- American International Group in its $5.56 billion acquisition of Validus Group, a Bermuda-based, NYSE-listed, (re)insurance company.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.S.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Master of Accounting