The American Lawyer A-List
- Ranked #4 on The American Lawyer 2020 “A-List” and only firm to appear on the list every year since its inception. The A-List recognizes firms based on a combination of factors, including racial diversity and gender diversity.
- For third consecutive year, named “White Collar Crime/Enforcement/Investigations Firm of the Year” ̶ Benchmark Litigation US Awards East 2020
- Four women litigators named to “40 and Under Hotlist” for 2020
- For fourth consecutive year, eight women litigators named to Top 250 Women in Litigation list for 2020
- For fourth consecutive year, recognized as “International Arbitration Firm of the Year” ̶ Benchmark Litigation 2019
Chambers & Partners Awards
- “Investment Funds Law Firm of the Year” ̶ Chambers USA – New York Awards for Excellence 2019
- “Firm of the Year”: Corporate Crime ̶ Chambers USA ‒ District of Columbia Awards 2019
Chambers & Partners Rankings (2020 /2021)
- Eight Debevoise lawyers earned top rankings (Band 1) and the firm received five top rankings in the Chambers Global Global-wide category.
- Ten practices earned top rankings (Band 1) in Chambers USA for the New York and/or Nationwide practice areas.
- 80 lawyers are ranked in 40 practice areas in the District of Columbia,New York and Nationwide sections of Chambers USA with 12 earning Band 1 rankings.
- Debevoise again earned top rankings in three practice areas for Chambers Latin America and seven Debevoise lawyers were recognized for their exceptional work in the Latin American market.
- Eight Debevoise practices were recognized in Chambers Europe and 23 lawyers were ranked individually.
- Nine Debevoise practices were recognized in Chambers Asia-Pacific and seven lawyers were ranked individually.
Global Arbitration Review
- Winner of “International Arbitration Practice that Impressed” category ̶ GAR Awards 2020
- Named among the 2020 “GAR 30”, Global Arbitration Review’s definitive ranking of the world’s leading international arbitration practices.
- Recommended for Financial Services Regulatory in Hong Kong ̶ IFLR1000 2021
- “Private Equity Deal of the Year” (Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan) ̶ inaugural IFLR1000 India Awards 2020
- “M&A Deal of the Year” (Capital Group Private Markets and other financial sponsors) ̶ inaugural IFLR1000 Sub-Saharan Africa Awards 2020
Latin Lawyer 250
- Recommended International Law Firm ̶ 2020
Private Equity International
- Inducted into the PEI Hall of Fame for having won 19 PEI Awards across North America, EMEA and Asia from 2001 to 2019
- “Law Firm of the Year” in Asia for Fund Formation in 2019
- Consistently named among the top 50 US firms in London
The Legal 500
- Ten Tier 1 practices and numerous Debevoise lawyer recognized as Legal 500 Hall of Famers, Leading Lawyers, Next Generation Partners and Rising Stars
Pro Bono Partnerships and Clients
- The Cyrus R. Vance Center for International Justice. Recognition at the Celebration of Pro Bono Excellence for two crucial submissions to the international criminal court.
- GivX. Recognized as having one of the leading community investment programs among UK law firms.
- Her Justice. Received Law Firm Award.
- International Bar Association. Group Member Award for outstanding pro bono contributions and dedication to the organization’s eyeWitness project.
- Legal Aid Society. Pro Bono Publico Award for ensuring equal access to justice through immigration work.
- Stupid Cancer. Named Corporate Honoree for pro bono work supporting the organization and its mission to empower, support and improve health outcomes for the young adult cancer community.
- Washington Lawyers’ Committee. Outstanding Achievement Award for successful pro bono representation of an asylee from El Salvador in her wrongful termination suit.
- WNYC. Pro Bono Leadership Award in recognition of more than 15 years of extraordinary advice and legal service.
Immigration Equality (IE)
- Named a pro bono honoree at their annual Safe Haven Awards. Honorees “have demonstrated exemplary support for Immigration Equality and our clients. They have gone above and beyond to ensure LGBTQ and HIV-positive immigrants are empowered and protected.”
Getting Out and Staying Out
- Named “Corporate Partner of the Year.” GOSO helps formerly and currently incarcerated young men gain work experience, education and life skills.
Diversity & Inclusion
The American Lawyer Diversity Scorecard 2020
- Ranked in the top 5% of law firms in the 2020 Diversity Scorecard, which assesses the percentage of minority attorneys in each firm and compiles the figures into a uniform score.
Law360 Diversity Snapshot 2020
- Ranked 5th in our category in this survey, which ranks firms in areas of overall diversity and diversity of their partnerships.
Chambers Associate 2020
- Recognized as one of the “Leading Firms for D&I Culture” based on factors including hiring, mentoring, work allocation, promotion and policies related to mental health and parenting.
Working Mother 2019
- Recognized as one of the “60 Best Law Firms for Women” and named to the Hall of Fame. Hall of Famers have made the list at least 10 times.