Andrew J. Gershon is a corporate counsel and a member of the firm’s Investment Management Group and Private Fund Transactions Group. His practice ...
Read Full Biography
- Hamilton Lane as a co-lead investor in a single-asset secondary transaction completed by Vance Street Capital LLC, to extend Vance Street’s partnership with Jet Parts Engineering.
- Hamilton Lane as lead investor in the formation of MiddleGround Capital’s $440 million MiddleGround Carbon CV, L.P. fund.
- TPG GP Solutions as an investor, alongside Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Blackstone Strategic Partners and Portfolio Advisors, in Calera Capital Image Holdings, L.P., a $750 million single-asset continuation fund raised in connection with the sale of ImageFIRST Healthcare Laundry Specialists, a provider of linen, laundry, and safety and hygiene services for the healthcare industry.
- Stepstone Group as lead investor in a $500 million single-asset continuation vehicle sponsored by WindRose Health Investors, a healthcare-focused private equity firm, to support the expansion of Healthmap Solutions, a population health management company focused on kidney disease.
- TPG as lead investor in a single-asset continuation fund sponsored by North Castle Partners to acquire CR Fitness, a Crunch Fitness franchisee, from North Castle Partners VII.
- StepStone Group as co-lead investor, alongside Schroders Capital, in a $618 million continuation fund organized by Trinity Hunt Partners to support the acquisitions of Argano and Improving, two technology services companies, from Trinity Hunt Partners V, L.P.
- Tikehau Capital in its $300 million inaugural collateralized fund obligation.
- Zenyth Partners in the formation of a continuation fund, backed primarily by Blackrock and Manulife Asset Management, that purchased minority stakes in three healthcare companies from Zenyth Partners, LP, a 2018 vintage permanent capital vehicle.
- KKR in the establishment of a newly-created $2 billion continuation vehicle to which a portion of its investment in Internet Brands was sold, in a transaction valuing the company at $12 billion. The deal won “Secondaries Deal of the Year” in the Americas in Private Equity International’s annual awards.
- The lead investor in a single-asset continuation fund deal valued at nearly $1.75 billion, sponsored by Water Street Healthcare Partners and JLL Partners, to support the growth of Eversana, a life science services platform.
- J.F. Lehman & Company in a single-asset continuation fund, allowing the firm to maintain its ownership of NorthStar Group in partnership with management.
- Global Atlantic, a retirement and life insurance company, in its recapitalization of Drawbridge Realty’s $1.7 billion portfolio of office properties.
- Elliott Management as lead investor in the $450 million restructuring of Olympus Capital Asia’s third fund.
- A secondary fund sponsor as lead investor in a $250 million GP led, full fund restructuring of two affiliated hedge funds into a closed fund continuation vehicle.
- A secondary fund sponsor in a $1.2 billion leveraged acquisition of a portfolio of private equity investments from a state plan seller, including the implementation of alternative acquisition structures to address regulatory issues.
- A secondary fund sponsor in a $1.3 billion leveraged acquisition of a portfolio of private equity investments from a state plan seller.
- A secondary fund sponsor in a complex, multi facility $1.5 billion recapitalization of a portfolio of private equity investments held across numerous acquisition structures.
- A secondary fund sponsor in a $2.2 billion sale of a flagship fund of funds portfolio comprised of over 400 fund interests and held through numerous acquisition structures across various jurisdictions.
- A secondary fund sponsor as co-lead investor in a $1.4 billion GP led, single asset restructure.
- A secondary fund sponsor as lead investor and underwriter in a $2 billion acquisition arranged by an insurance company, including the spin out of an in-house investment team, seeding of two newly formed funds and subsequent large scale syndication.
- A secondary fund sponsor in a series of highly structured, financed strip sales to a registered fund buyer totaling approximately $200 million in aggregate transaction value.
- A secondary fund sponsor in various single asset, structured secondaries and co-investments ranging from $5 million to $40 million, including as lead investor in a $65 million GP led, single asset restructuring.
- New York University School of Law, 2013, J.D.
- Columbia University, 2008, B.A.