Brita M. Siepker is a corporate counsel and a member of the firm’s Financial Institutions Group. Her practice focuses on domestic and cross-border ...
Read Full Biography
- StanCorp Financial Group in its acquisition of the Life & Disability business from Elevance Health.
- Resolution Life in its strategic partnership with Blackstone, including a $500 million strategic investment, for its life insurance and annuity consolidation business.
- LIBERTY Dental Plan Corporation, a dental benefits administrator, in its sale of a majority stake in LIBERTY to Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe, a private equity firm.
- Sun Life in its $2.475 billion acquisition of DentaQuest.
- James River, an insurance holding company, in its $345.1 million loss portfolio transfer reinsurance transaction with Aleka Insurance, under which Aleka will reinsure all of James River’s commercial auto policies related to Uber’s ridesharing business.
- Jackson and Prudential plc in the separation of Jackson through a demerger, in a transaction valued at approximately $2.5 billion and that establishes Jackson as an independent, publicly-traded company.
- Fortitude Re, a Carlyle portfolio company, in its acquisition of a $31 billion block of legacy variable annuities from Prudential Financial for a total transaction value of $2.2 billion.
- Life and Specialty Ventures in its collaboration with Cambia Health Solutions, including its acquisition of LifeMap, the reinsurance and administration of Cambia dental insurance policies, and Cambia’s acquisition of an equity stake in Life and Specialty Ventures.
- Nassau Financial Group in the issuance of $100 million of non-cumulative perpetual preferred equity to Wilton Re and Stone Point Credit.
- MetLife in the $3.94 billion sale of its auto and home business to Zurich Insurance Group subsidiary Farmers Group.
- Third Point Re in its $788 million merger with Sirius Group.
- Prudential plc and Jackson National in the reinsurance to Athene of $27.6 billion of Jackson’s in-force fixed and fixed index annuities and a $500 million equity investment in Jackson’s holding company.
- Columbia Law School, 2005, J.D.
- University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign, 2000, B.S.