Christopher Smeall is of counsel based in Debevoise’s New York office. He is qualified in New York.
Mr. Smeall has a broad multinational transactional ...
Read Full Biography
Oil & Gas, Energy and Related Infrastructure
- Sakhalin 2 Project (Russian Federation)
- Cabiunas, EVM, Malhas Pipeline and REVAP Refinery Modernization projects involving Petrobras (Brazil)
- Paiton Power Project (Indonesia)
- Brazos wind energy joint venture (United States)
- Su Tu Den FPSO financing (Vietnam)
- Acquisition by a Japanese utility company of an interest in a multinational wind power business.
- Investment in the Brazilian gas distribution sector.
- Financing involving PDVSA with related hydrocarbon offtake (Venezuela)
- Acquisition of an interest in the Marcellus shale in the United States
- Acquisition of an interest in a Brazilian hydroelectric project.
- Goro nickel mine (New Caledonia)
- Collahuasi copper project (Chile)
- Various niobium supply and offtake arrangements (Brazil)
Chemicals, including Petrochemicals
- Showa Denko in the U.S. aspects of its acquisition of SGL GE Holding.
- Tuban petrochemical project (Indonesia)
- Merger of ALC Communications and Frontier (United States)
- Representation of a leading seed producer in the commercialization of Roundup-Ready® sugar beets in the United States
- Financing of Amtrak’s Northeast Corridor Acela high-speed train project (United States)
- Representation of a Japanese bank as lender in the leveraged acquisition of a U.S. car parts company (United States)
- Penske Automotive Group in various transactions (United States).
- UFJ in the U.S. aspects of its combination with Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi (Japan)
- Yale Law School, 1979, J.D.
- University of California at Berkeley, 1975, M.A.
- University of Michigan, 1973, B.A.