Drew Dutton is a corporate insurance partner who regularly represents financial institutions, private equity sponsors, sovereign wealth funds and multinational ...
Read Full Biography
- Prudential Financial in its minority stake investment in Peak Reinsurance.
- Advising Samsung Fire & Marine Insurance Company Ltd. in a loss portfolio transfer of legacy US insurance liabilities to Alea North America Insurance, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bermuda-based run-off firm Catalina Holdings.
- AIA Group in its strategic bancassurance partnership with Bangkok Bank to distribute its insurance products in Thailand.
- Prudential Financial in its life insurance joint venture with CT Corp in Indonesia.
- The CF Corporation and The Blackstone Group in the $1.835 billion acquisition of Fidelity & Guaranty Life.
- American International Group in its sale of its Japan life insurance business to FWD.
- American International Group in the sale of a $1.2 billion stake in PICC by means of a block trade in Hong Kong.
- AIA Group in the establishment of its $5 billion Rule 144A Global Medium Term Note Programme and subsequent offerings.
- Capital International in its approximately $200 million acquisition of a minority stake in Mankind Pharma, an Indian pharmaceutical company.
- American International Group in the sale of a $750 million stake in PICC Property and Casualty by means of a block trade in Hong Kong.
- Russia China Investment Fund in its investment in TutorGroup.
- Clearwater Capital Partners in the establishment of an Indian credit platform, and the collective co-investment by Clearwater Capital Partners and two other large global investors.
- AIA Insurance Lanka, a subsidiary of Hong Kong-based life insurer AIA Group, in the sale of its stake in AIA General Insurance Lanka to Janakashi Insurance.
- Standard Chartered in a 15-year distribution partnership providing Manulife the exclusive right to offer its Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) product to Standard Chartered’s customers in Hong Kong, and the acquisition by Manulife of Standard Chartered’s existing MPF and Occupational Retirement Schemes Ordinance businesses.
- American International Group in the sale of its Taiwan consumer and SME businesses to Nan Shan Life Insurance in Taiwan.
- Ingenico in its strategic partnership with Fosun International and acquisition by Fosun of a 20% minority stake in Ingenico’s Chinese activities.
- AIA Group in its offering of $750 million of 3.20% senior notes due 2025, listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Hanwha SolarOne in its $2 billion acquisition of Hanwha Q CELLS.
- AXA in the sale of its mandatory pension business in Hong Kong to the Principal Financial Group.
- AIA Group in its landmark exclusive bancassurance partnership with Citibank to distribute its insurance products to 11 countries in the Asia Pacific region. This was the largest ever bancassurance deal in Asia.
- American International Group in its agency distribution joint venture with PICC Life Insurance Co. in the PRC.
- AIA Group in its $1.7 billion acquisition of ING's Malaysian insurance businesses.
- FLAG Capital Management in its acquisition of Squadron Capital, a Hong Kong-based private equity investment firm.
- AIA Group in the acquisition of Sri Lanka’s leading insurance company, Aviva NDB Insurance, from Aviva and Sri Lanka’s National Development Bank.
- AIA Group in an exclusive 20-year bancassurance agreement with National Development Bank in Sri Lanka.
- American International Group (AIG) and American International Assurance Company in AIG's agreement with the Federal Reserve Bank of New York to reduce the debt AIG owes the FRBNY by $25 billion and position AIA and American Life Insurance Company for initial public offerings.
- Prudential Financial in its strategic cooperation with Fosun Group, China’s leading private investment company, to establish a $600 million private equity fund and a related joint venture in the PRC.
- American International Group and AIA Group in the proposed sale of AIA Group to Prudential for $35.5 billion.
- American International Group in its $2.16 billion sale of its 97% interest in Nan Shan Life Insurance Company to Ruen Chen Investment Holding Co. and Pou Chen Corporation.
- American International Group (AIG) and AIA Group in AIA Group’s separation from AIG and $20.51 billion initial public offering and listing in Hong Kong, constituting the largest IPO in Hong Kong’s history and the world’s largest IPO in the insurance sector.
- American International Group in its proposed $2.2 billion sale of Nan Shan Life Insurance Company, Ltd., the Taiwan life insurance company, to Primus Financial Holdings Limited and China Strategic Holdings Limited. This transaction was named “Deal of the Year” by Asian Counsel.
- Université Paris XI Paris-Sud, 1997, D.E.S.S.
- McGill University, Faculty of Law, 1996, LL.B.
- Harvard University, 1992, A.B.