Erica S. Weisgerber is counsel in the Litigation Department whose practice focuses on a wide range of complex commercial litigation. She has extensive ...
Read Full Biography
- American Airlines and its insurance carrier in all litigation arising out of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, including the crash of American Airlines Flight 11 into One World Trade Center.
- Prudential Financial and certain of Prudential’s present and former officers and directors, in securities class action and derivative lawsuits concerning the companies’ respective practices with regard to unclaimed life insurance benefits.
- Defendants in federal and state court cases alleging price fixing, including the TIBOR Antitrust Litigation and the SIBOR Antitrust Litigation.
- Verizon New York in successful litigation brought against certain Long Island municipalities defending Verizon’s ability to enter into agreements regarding the attachment of lechis to its utility poles.
- Plaintiff in federal court of Kansas asserting antitrust claims of tying and bundling against major distributors of medical supplies.
- Defendant in federal action in New York regarding purchasers of freight forwarding services against domestic and international freight forwarding companies, alleging conspiracy to impose surcharges in violation of Sherman Act.
- Various funds sued in “clawback” lawsuits following the leveraged buyout of Tribune Company.
- D. E. Shaw and Madison Dearborn Partners, as holders of exchangeable notes and other claims against SunEdison, in a complex transaction related to the $2.4 billion sale of wind farm operator First Wind, and D. E. Shaw as a member of the official committee of unsecured creditors in SunEdison’s Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- American Airlines as special aircraft counsel, in winning approval in bankruptcy court to repay $1.3 billion in debt without payment of a make-whole premium over the objection of the indenture trustees.
- La Paloma Generating Company, a California-based power producer, in its $524 million Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
- Standard General in American Apparel’s Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
- Numerous clients in obtaining antitrust approval of strategic transactions.
- TPG Capital and Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe, with Humana, before the Federal Trade Commission in their $1.4 billion acquisition of Curo Health Services.
- Discovery Communications before the Department of Justice in its $14.6 billion acquisition of Scripps Networks Interactive.
- Beacon Health Strategies before the Federal Trade Commission in the antitrust aspects of a managed behavioral healthcare organization’s proposed acquisition of Value Options, Inc.
- International Paper in the antitrust aspects of its $4.3 billion acquisition of Temple-Inland.
- NCI Group, a manufacturer of insulated metal panels, before the Federal Trade Commission in the antitrust aspects of its acquisition of Metl-Span.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and Brand Energy and Infrastructure Services before the Federal Trade Commission in the antitrust aspects of the merger of Brand Energy and Safway Group, forming the leading global industrial service business with over $5 billion in revenue.
- Greater Media in in the antitrust aspects of its $240 million sale to Beasley Broadcast Group.
- Kelso & Company and StonePoint before the Federal Trade Commission in the antitrust aspects of their sale of pharmacy benefits manager Helios to OptumRx, the pharmacy benefits manager unit of UnitedHealth Group.
- Rank Group before the Federal Trade Commission in the antitrust aspects of its $980 million acquisition of UCI International, a North American automotive products business, and its subsequent $950 million acquisition of Honeywell’s automotive consumer products group.
- Various clients, acting as counsel on various other antitrust issues, including compliance with pricing and distribution policies, information exchange and gun-jumping issues, and well as the implementation of corporate antitrust compliance programs.
- Lazard in the development and defense of its valuation opinions in numerous recent chapter 11 cases.
- Various funds in the collapse of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities and Fairfield Sentry Limited, Fairfield Sigma Limited and Fairfield Lambda Limited.
- Big Apple Circus, as pro bono client, in litigation arising during the course of its Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Georgetown University Law Center, 2008, J.D.
- Georgetown University, 2005, B.A.