Gavin Anderson is based in the Hong Kong office and is a member of the firm’s Investment Funds and Investment Management Group. He has broad experience ...
Read Full Biography
- Baring Private Equity Asia in the formation of a continuation fund to acquire a portfolio company from a prior fund.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in its investment in The National Investment and Infrastructure Fund of India.
- North Haven Thai Fund, a $440 million Thai buyout fund.
- Baring Private Equity Asia RE II, a $1 billion pan-Asian real estate fund.
- Southern Capital in a fund restructuring involving the transfer of assets from Mulberry Asia Fund II into a new fund established for a consortium led by AlpInvest Partners, and a stapled commitment by the same consortium into Southern Capital Fund IV.
- CDH Fund V, a $2.6 billion China growth capital fund.
- CDH Fund IV, a $1.5 billion China growth capital fund.
- CDH China Fund III, a $1.6 billion China growth capital fund.
- CDH Investments in its formation of CDH Venture Partners III, a $100 million fund for venture capital investment in China.
- CDH Investments in its formation of CDH Growth Fund III (USD Parallel), a $340 million China growth capital fund.
- CDH Venture Partners II, a $505 million China venture fund.
- Morgan Stanley Capital Partners in the formation of Morgan Stanley Private Equity Asia Fund IV, a $1.7 billion Asia buyout fund.
- Navis Asia Fund V, a $1 billion Asia buyout fund.
- Baring Asia Private Equity Fund VI, a $4 billion private equity fund and, at the time of final close, the largest private equity fund ever raised by an Asia-based manager.
- Baring Private Equity Partners (India) in the formation of Baring India Private Equity Fund III, a $562 million India and South Asia growth capital fund.
- Hony Capital in the formation of Hony Capital Fund III, a $580 million China growth capital fund.
- Southern Capital Group in the formation of:
- Southern Capital Fund III, a $408 million Asia buyout fund.
- Mulberry Asia Fund II, a $291 million Asia buyout fund.
- The D. E. Shaw Group in various fundraising activities.
- Quilvest in its structuring of a separate account with a sovereign wealth fund.
- Oxford Institute of Legal Practice, 2002, L.P.C.
- University of Oxford, 2000, B.A.