Gregory Lyons is a corporate partner and Co-Chair of the firm’s Financial Institutions Group. Mr. Lyons is also Chair of the New York City Banking ...
Read Full Biography
- Citizens Financial in its acquisition of Franklin American Mortgage.
- Citizens Financial in its acquisition of Western Reserve Partners, a merger and acquisition advisory firm.
- Admirals Bank, a private equity-sponsored bank, in its merger to form Bank & Trust Company of Boston, and its concurrent spinoff of a nationwide solar lending business.
- Fifth Third Bank in the sale of its Pennsylvania branch presence to First National Bank of Pennsylvania, and the sale of its Missouri branch presence to Great Southern Bank.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in its $12 billion acquisition of GE Capital’s sponsor lending business, including Antares Capital, the leading lender to middle market private equity sponsors in the U.S.
- Principal Bank in its transfer of $173 million of deposits to BofI Federal Bank.
- Thrivent Financial in its sale of all the deposits and assets of its thrifts to a credit union.
- The acquisition of College Savings Bank, a New Jersey bank, and its pursuit of other banking franchises.
- Principal Financial in its acquisition from Washington Mutual of WM Advisors, manager of approximately $26 billion in assets, including the WM Group of Funds.
- FNBNY Bancorp and its sponsor, Modern Capital Partners, in FNBNY’s acquisition of Madison National Bancorp and its subsidiary, Madison National Bank.
- Financial industry groups, such as the American Council of Life Insurers and the Financial Services Roundtable, in the rulemaking process under the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
- Major U.S. and European banks on Dodd-Frank implementation issues.
- Private equity investors seeking to a acquire stakes in numerous banking organizations, including Blue Ridge Bank, Opportunity Bancshares, Bay Cities National Bank, Bank of N.T. Butterfield & Son, East West Bancorp, and First Southern Bancorp.
- A minority bank management group in acquiring a Mid-Atlantic or Southeast franchise, with an expected capital raise of $300 million.
- A minority bank in its solicitation of $500 million of capital to roll up minority bank franchises across the country.
- A management group in its acquisition of Domestic Bank, a Rhode Island federal savings bank.
- Boston University School of Law, 1990, J.D.
- Wesleyan University, 1987, B.A.