Hugo Farmer is an associate in the firm’s International Dispute Resolution Group based in London and a member of the firm’s Special Situations ...
Read Full Biography
- Two Irish companies, lessors of two aircraft operating leases to Vietnam Airlines, with respect to their specific rights and obligations in the chapter 11 bankruptcies of their parent companies.
- Petro Poroshenko, the fifth President of Ukraine, in his victory in the High Court of England & Wales, successfully challenging the jurisdiction of the English courts to hear a $250+ million conspiracy claim brought against him and the former head of the National Bank of Ukraine, related to the nationalization and bail-in of PrivatBank, Ukraine’s largest bank.
- A private equity fund in a variety of cross-border disputes arising from the collapse of the Abraaj Group, previously the largest private equity firm in the Middle East.
- A large Russian manufacturer of chemical products and several related defendants in proceedings brought before The High Court of Ireland by a number of shareholders of a Russian major company seeking damages in tort in relation to a challenge to jurisdiction and defending anti-suit injunction and anti-enforcement injunction applications filed by the plaintiffs.
- University of Chicago Law School, 2017, M.A.
- University of Auckland, 2013, Bachelor of Laws (Hons I)