Jan Buschmann is an international counsel based in our Hong Kong office. Recommended by Chambers Asia-Pacific (2022) and recognised as a Rising Star by ...
Read Full Biography
- American International Group in its strategic partnership with Blackstone Group for its Life & Retirement business.
- AIA in its acquisition of BEA Life Limited and 15-year exclusive bancassurance partnership with The Bank of East Asia in Hong Kong and Mainland China.
- Prudential in its sale of Prudential of Taiwan to Taishin Financial.
- Third Point Re in its $788 million merger with Sirius Group.
- AXA in its $4.8 billion reinsurance transaction with Global Atlantic Financial Group.
- AIA Group in its $1.75 billion offering of 3.2% subordinated fixed rate securities, due in 2040. The offering was named “Bond Deal of the Year” by FinanceAsia in its annual Achievement Awards.
- Credit Suisse in its investment in, and related economic arrangements with, an Asian alternative credit provider and asset management company.
- AXA in its acquisition of Bermuda-based XL/Catlin Group for $15.3 billion in connection with insurance M&A and regulatory matters.
- Prudential Financial in its $1.9 billion sale of Prudential Life Insurance of Korea to KB Financial Group.
- FWD in its acquisition of MetLife Hong Kong.
- Resolution Life, a global life insurance group focusing on the acquisition and management of portfolios of life insurance policies, in its revised AUS$3.0 billion acquisition of AMP Life.
- Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn, 2015, Dr. iur.
- BPP Law School, 2008, L.P.C.
- University of London, 2007, Bachelor of Laws
- Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne, 2005, Maîtrise en droit
- Universität zu Köln, 2004, First State Examination