Janine Godbehere is an associate in the New York office and a member of the firm’s International Dispute Resolution Group. Her practice focuses on ...
Read Full Biography
- The Republic of Iraq against claims brought by Orange S.A. in an ICSID arbitration under the France-Iraq BIT arising out of a dispute concerning the telecommunications sector.
- Perenco Ecuador in securing an ICSID award against the Republic of Ecuador worth over $390 million plus interest, net of cost recovery and other factors, which is the largest compensation any tribunal has awarded in connection with Ecuador’s Law 42. Ecuador has committed to pay the Award voluntarily, unconditionally and in full.
- Tethyan Copper Company Pty Limited in a challenge against an ICC Award under ss. 67 & 68 of the 1996 Act.
- The Russian Federation in several disputes brought by former subsidiaries of Yukos Oil under the Energy Charter Treaty, including an arbitration brought by Financial Performance Holdings relating to an alleged expropriation and other breaches. In that matter, the claimant withdrew its claims and we obtained a full costs order for our client.
- The Government of Grenada in an ICSID arbitration arising out of reforms to the electricity sector.