John Gleeson is a trial and appellate lawyer and company advisor who was a federal judge for 22 years before joining the firm in 2016. He is a litigation ...
Read Full Biography
- A large pharmaceutical company in a False Claims Act case, resulting in dismissal of all claims based on unethical conduct of plaintiff’s counsel.
- A global pharmaceutical company in a Board presentation regarding risk management, communication with senior management, and crisis prevention.
- A 501(c)(3) corporation charged in a civil forfeiture action, resulting in a five-week federal trial and a pending appeal.
- A multinational mining company in a civil action alleging securities fraud, resulting in a decision dismissing the complaint with prejudice.
- Two prominent individuals (in separate cases) targeted by extortion threats, resulting in both cases in the threatening parties abandoning their efforts.
- One of the world’s premiere law firms in a malpractice claim.
- A multinational manufacturing company in a Deferred Prosecution Agreement and a court-appointed Monitor.
- A multinational bank in affirmative and defensive litigation arising out of a large hotel chain’s data breach.
- Membership on a Special Litigation Committee of a Fortune 500 company.
- Expert witness in a foreign tribunal on Deferred Prosecution Agreements in the U.S.
- A bank officer in the government’s RMBS-related FIRREA investigation.
- An internationally renowned law firm providing litigation advice regarding FIRREA.
- A prominent hedge fund in its dealings with the SEC regarding fee and expense remediation issues.
- A large insurance company in a putative class action challenging out-of-network reimbursement rates.
- A global insurance company in replacing the senior management of a subsidiary.
- A law firm and two of its partners in the government’s criminal and regulatory investigations of their client.
- The United States Department of Justice as a consultant in a civil rights matter.
- A leading developer of interactive entertainment in defense of claims privacy violations.
- Two large holders of intellectual property rights as the lead arbitrator in their contract dispute.
- University of Virginia School of Law, 1980, J.D.
- Georgetown University, 1975, B.A.