John T. Nelson is an associate in the Tax Department.
Mr. Nelson joined Debevoise in 2021. He received a J.D. from Yale Law School in 2021. He received ...
Read Full Biography
- Bregal Sagemount in its strategic growth investment in Neptune Flood Incorporated, a leading digital insurtech platform and private flood insurance provider.
- Morgan Stanley Capital Partners in its acquisition of Allstar Services and RowCal.
- Tikehau Capital in its $300 million inaugural collateralized fund obligation.
- Morgan Stanley Capital Partners in its investment in Emler Swim School.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a majority stake in the industrial businesses of Roper Technologies, which operates market-leading businesses that design and develop vertical software and application-specific products, in a transaction valued at $3.7 billion.
- EQT Exeter, a purpose-driven global investment organization, in its acquisition of Redwood Capital Group, an asset manager in the multifamily residential property space.
- Prudential Financial, in partnership with LeapFrog Investments, in its acquisition of a strategic minority interest in Alexander Forbes Group Holdings Limited, a leading provider of financial advice, retirement, investment, and holistic wealth management services in South Africa, by way of a bilateral acquisition from Mercer Africa Limited and a partial tender offer on the JSE to eligible shareholders.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the sale of its investment in Belron, a worldwide leader in vehicle glass repair and replacement, valuing the company at €21 billion, including the formation of a new special purpose vehicle formed to continue CD&R’s partnership with Belron. The transaction was named “Secondaries Deal of the Year” by Buyouts magazine.
- Yale Law School, 2021, J.D.
- London School of Economics and Political Science, 2013, M.Sc
- University College London, 2012, M.A.
- Princeton University, 2010, A.B.