Maeve O’Connor is a litigation partner whose practice focuses on complex civil litigation and regulatory inquiries. She has significant experience ...
Read Full Biography
- The Special Committee and independent members of the Board of Directors of Dell in defeating requests for a preliminary injunction and obtaining dismissal of 26 stockholder class actions challenging $25 billion going-private transaction.
- The Federal Reserve Bank of New York in a lawsuit brought by an American International Group (AIG) shareholder challenging the terms of the historic $85 billion bail-out of AIG.
- Prudential Financial in shareholder class action and derivative lawsuits arising from regulatory inquiries into death benefit payment practices and compliance with unclaimed property laws.
- MetLife, Inc., in shareholder class action and derivative lawsuits arising from regulatory inquiries into death benefit payment practices and compliance with unclaimed property laws.
- The Special Committee of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia in multiple stockholder class actions challenging proposed sale of company to Sequential Brands.
- Providence Equity Partners in winning summary judgment in a shareholder class action lawsuit arising from Providence's $1.9 billion acquisition of SRA International.
- Directors and officers of Cablevision in stockholder class actions challenging the proposed acquisition of Cablevision by Altice.
- JPMorgan Chase and certain of its affiliates in the dismissal of all claims in a class action lawsuit challenging provision of private mortgage insurance.
- F&G Life Insurance Company in a putative class action under RICO challenging affiliate reinsurance transactions.
- The Prudential Insurance Company of America in a policyholder class action regarding use of retained asset accounts in connection with service members group life insurance.
- The former President of North American Sales of a major telecommunication company in litigation against the SEC.
- The Board of Directors of StanCorp Financial Group Inc. in multiple stockholder class actions challenging proposed acquisition of StanCorp by Meiji Yasuda Life Insurance Company.
- J.C. Flowers & Co. in dismissal of lawsuit arising from the 2011 collapse of MF Global.
- Protective Life Insurance Company in multiple stockholder class actions challenging proposed acquisition of Protective by Dai-ichi Life Insurance Company.
- The Prudential Insurance Company of America in the dismissal of an ERISA class action lawsuit regarding unclaimed life insurance benefits.
- Two mutual fund complexes in SEC enforcement proceedings and securities class action litigation.
- Yale Law School, 1995, J.D.
- Harvard University, 1990, B.A.