Matthew B. Parelman is a corporate counsel and a member of the firm’s Insurance and Financial Institutions Groups.
Mr. Parelman joined Debevoise ...
Read Full Biography
- Compre, the Bermuda headquartered international legacy group, in its agreement with SiriusPoint on a reinsurance Loss Portfolio Transfer covering approximately $1.3 billion of reserves.
- Constellation, backed by institutional investors Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board, in its acquisition of and $500 million capital contribution to Ohio National, as part of Ohio National’s demutualization process.
- Resolution Life, a global life insurance group focusing on the acquisition and management of portfolios of life insurance policies, in the reinsurance of $35 billion in fixed indexed annuities from Allianz Life.
- Brookfield Reinsurance in its $10 billion reinsurance agreement with American Equity Investment Life Insurance Company.
- Nassau Financial Group, a Golden Gate Capital portfolio company, in the sale of its life insurance and annuity distribution company, Saybrus Partners, to AmeriLife Group.
- Constellation, backed by institutional investors Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board, in its acquisition of Columbian Mutual Life Insurance Company, as part of Columbian’s demutualization process.
- Global Atlantic, a retirement and life insurance company, in an $8 billion annuity reinsurance transaction between two of its insurance subsidiaries and Ameriprise Financial insurance subsidiaries.
- Entities managed by Blackstone in the $2.8 billion acquisition of Allstate Life Insurance Company.
- Blackstone's Tactical Opportunities Group in its investment in SUNZ Holdings, a leading provider of workers compensation insurance and related services such as claims administration, policy administration, and customer support.
- UPC in the transfer of personal lines business in four states to HCI.
- MetLife in the $3.94 billion sale of its auto and home business to Zurich Insurance Group subsidiary Farmers Group.
- Global Atlantic, a retirement and life insurance company with $70 billion in investable assets, in its $4.4 billion sale to KKR.
- Prudential plc and Jackson National in the reinsurance to Athene of $27.6 billion of Jackson’s in-force fixed and fixed index annuities and a $500 million equity investment in Jackson’s holding company.
- Blackstone in its $2.7 billion sale of F&G to Fidelity National Financial.
- RL LP in its sale of Lincoln Benefit Life to an affiliate of Kuvare US Holdings.
- Blackstone’s Tactical Opportunities Group in its strategic minority investment in Annexus, a leading designer of annuities and insurance-based retirement products.
- AXA in its acquisition of Bermuda-based XL/Catlin Group for $15.3 billion in connection with insurance M&A and regulatory matters.
- Global Atlantic, a retirement and life insurance company, in the reinsurance of $9 billion of fixed annuities and other spread-based reserves of Talcott Resolution, The Hartford’s run-off life and annuity businesses.
- Resolution Life, a global life insurance group focusing on the acquisition and management of portfolios of life insurance policies, in its sale of Lincoln Benefit Life to Global Bankers Insurance Group. (Terminated)
- Anbang Insurance Group in its proposed $1.6 billion acquisition of Fidelity & Guaranty Life. (Terminated)
- Nassau Reinsurance Group, a Golden Gate Capital portfolio company, in its acquisition of Universal American’s Traditional Insurance business.
- Prudential Insurance Company of America in the sale of a group annuity to JCPenney to reduce JCPenney’s pension liabilities.
- Nassau Reinsurance Group, a Golden Gate Capital portfolio company, in its $217.2 million acquisition of The Phoenix Companies.
- National General Insurance in its $90 million acquisition of the Lender-Placed Insurance business of QBE North America.
- The Prudential Insurance Company of America in the sale of a group annuity contract to the U.S. subsidiary of Royal Philips as part of an overall transaction that will reduce Philips’ pension liabilities by $1.1 billion.
- The Prudential Insurance Company of America in the sale of a group annuity contract to Kimberly-Clark Corporation.
- Booz Allen Hamilton and Carlyle in several transactions through which approximately $2 billion of Booz Allen Hamilton common stock was sold to the public by Carlyle.
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith and Citigroup Global Markets as representatives of the initial purchasers in the $750 million offering of 4.850% Senior Notes due 2044 by Liberty Mutual Group.
- University of Michigan Law School, 2013, J.D.
- University of Michigan, 2013, M.A.
- George Washington University, 2009, B.A.