Matthew B. Parelman is a corporate associate and a member of the firm’s Insurance and Financial Institutions Groups.
Mr. Parelman joined Debevoise ...
Read Full Biography
- Blackstone Group in its $2.7 billion sale of F&G to Fidelity National Financial.
- RL LP in its sale of Lincoln Benefit Life to an affiliate of Kuvare US Holdings.
- Blackstone’s Tactical Opportunities Group in its strategic minority investment in Annexus, a leading designer of annuities and insurance-based retirement products.
- AXA in its acquisition of Bermuda-based XL/Catlin Group for $15.3 billion in connection with insurance M&A and regulatory matters.
- Global Atlantic in the reinsurance of $9 billion of fixed annuities and other spread-based reserves of Talcott Resolution, The Hartford’s run-off life and annuity businesses.
- Resolution Life in its sale of Lincoln Benefit Life to Global Bankers Insurance Group.
- Anbang Insurance Group in its proposed $1.6 billion acquisition, later terminated, of Fidelity & Guaranty Life.
- Nassau Reinsurance Group, a Golden Gate Capital portfolio company, in its acquisition of Universal American’s Traditional Insurance business.
- Prudential Insurance Company of America in the sale of a group annuity to JCPenney to reduce JCPenney’s pension liabilities.
- Nassau Reinsurance Group, a portfolio company of Golden Gate Capital, in its $217.2 million acquisition of The Phoenix Companies.
- National General Insurance in its $90 million acquisition of the Lender-Placed Insurance business of QBE North America.
- The Prudential Insurance Company of America in the sale of a group annuity contract to the U.S. subsidiary of Royal Philips as part of an overall transaction that will reduce Philips’ pension liabilities by $1.1 billion.
- The Prudential Insurance Company of America in the sale of a group annuity contract to Kimberly-Clark Corporation.
- Booz Allen Hamilton and The Carlyle Group in several transactions through which approximately $2 billion of Booz Allen Hamilton common stock was sold to the public by Carlyle.
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith and Citigroup Global Markets as representatives of the initial purchasers in the $750 million offering of 4.850% Senior Notes due 2044 by Liberty Mutual Group.
- University of Michigan Law School, 2013, J.D.
- University of Michigan, 2013, M.A.
- George Washington University, 2009, B.A.