Megan K. Bannigan is a partner and member of the Litigation and Intellectual Property & Media Groups, focusing on trademarks, trade dress, copyrights, ...
Read Full Biography
- SpaceX in opposing Subaru of America’s petition to cancel SpaceX’s STARLINK trademark registrations.
- MSCHF Product Studio, Inc. in a high-profile dispute and favorable settlement with Nike regarding MSCHF’s “Satan Shoes” – customized Nike Air Max 97 sneakers designed in collaboration with rapper Lil Nas X.
- H&R Block in a trademark infringement suit against Twitter founder Jack Dorsey and his company Square over the company’s rebranding to the name “Block.”
- Revive Organics in the successful resolution of a trade dress dispute with Daily Harvest.
- Kate Spade in winning a verdict at trial defeating Saturdays Surf NYC’s trademark infringement challenge against the name of Kate Spade’s new global lifestyle brand, Kate Spade Saturday.
- Steve Madden in a design patent and trade dress infringement case against Rothy’s shoes.
- Merck KGaA in trademark infringement, false advertising cybersquatting, and breach of contract litigation against Merck & Co.
- A major US fashion house in several confidential trademark, trade dress and copyright matters.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in a design patent and trade dress infringement case regarding bridesmaids dresses sold by David’s Bridal.
- Learning Annex in obtaining a $23 million judgment after a jury trial of quasi-contract claims in the Southern District of New York.
- National Football League (NFL) in winning summary judgment against retired players' publicity-rights claims.
- L’Oréal in multiple consumer class actions claiming that its skincare products do not perform as advertised.
- Highline Capital Management in a trademark infringement litigation against IAC’s High Line Venture Partners.
- Rimini Street in copyright litigation against Oracle regarding permitted software maintenance services.
- Industrias AlEn in an ITC investigation and associated litigations over Pinol and Cloralex, which are well-known brands in Mexico, over Clorox’s claims of infringement of its Pine-Sol and Clorox trademarks.
- Bayer in false advertising challenges against Merial over advertising for its competitive flea and tick control products for pets.
- The Connecticut Coalition for Justice in Education Funding in a landmark case where the court declared that several features of Connecticut’s system of education, including the formula for distributing funding to school districts, unconstitutional.
- A major financial services firm in the defense of litigations relating to auction rate securities.
- Toyota Motor Sales USA in various state and federal investigations relating to vehicle acceleration issues. These included 29 state attorney general investigations, congressional inquiries, SEC investigations, and Department of Justice (DOJ) investigations, all of which settled without any criminal convictions for the company.
- Siemens’ Audit Committee in a worldwide investigation into possible corrupt payments to government officials leading to an early settlement with the U.S. and German authorities.
- Rutgers School of Law – Camden, 2007, J.D.
- Rutgers University, 2002, B.A.