Megan K. Bannigan is a member of the Litigation and Intellectual Property & Media Groups, specializing in trademarks, trade dress, copyrights, ...
Read Full Biography
- Kate Spade in winning a verdict at trial defeating Saturday Surf’s trademark infringement challenge against the new mark, Kate Spade Saturday.
- Merck KGaA in trademark infringement, false advertising cybersquatting, and breach of contract litigation against Merck & Co.
- PayPal in negotiating a favorable settlement with Pandora in a case addressing the protection of mobile app icons.
- Learning Annex in obtaining a $23 million judgment after a jury trial of quasi-contract claims in the Southern District of New York.
- National Football League (NFL) in winning summary judgment against retired players' publicity-rights claims.
- L’Oréal in multiple consumer class actions claiming that its skincare products do not perform as advertised.
- Highline Capital Management in a trademark infringement litigation against IAC’s High Line Venture Partners.
- Rimini Street in copyright litigation against Oracle regarding permitted software maintenance services.
- Industrias AlEn in an ITC investigation and associated litigations over Pinol and Cloralex, which are well-known brands in Mexico, over Clorox’s claims of infringement of its Pine-Sol and Clorox trademarks.
- Bayer in false advertising challenges against Merial over advertising for its competitive flea and tick control products for pets.
- The Connecticut Coalition for Justice in Education Funding in a landmark case where the court declared that several features of Connecticut’s system of education, including the formula for distributing funding to school districts, unconstitutional.
- A major financial services firm in the defense of litigations relating to auction rate securities.
- Toyota Motor Sales USA in various state and federal investigations relating to vehicle acceleration issues. These included 29 state attorney general investigations, congressional inquiries, SEC investigations, and Department of Justice (DOJ) investigations, all of which settled without any criminal convictions for the company.
- Siemens’ Audit Committee in a worldwide investigation into possible corrupt payments to government officials leading to an early settlement with the U.S. and German authorities.
- Rutgers School of Law – Camden, 2007, J.D.
- Rutgers University, 2002, B.A.