Thirteen of Debevoise & Plimpton LLP’s talented lawyers have earned “Rising Star” recognitions from leading industry publications and associations.
Each year, influential organizations, including the American Bar Association (On the Rise – Top 40 Young Lawyers); Benchmark Litigation (Under 40 Hot List); Euromoney Expert Guides (Rising Stars); Law360 (Rising Stars); and New York Law Journal (Rising Stars), honor select lawyers who have a proven record of accomplishment that belies their age.
Debevoise’s thirteen 2017 “Rising Stars” spotlight the firm’s exceptional talent spanning across practices and geographies:
- Jonathan Adler, Partner, New York. Mr. Adler focuses his practice on advising sponsors of private investment funds, including buyout, growth capital, energy, infrastructure and credit funds. Mr. Adler has been recognized as a Law360 “Rising Star.”
- Andrew M. Ahern, Partner, New York. Mr. Ahern focuses his practice on advising sponsors in the formation of private equity funds and separate accounts, as well as GP-led restructurings and other complex secondary transactions relating to private investment funds. Mr. Ahern has been recognized as a Law360 “Rising Star.”
- Jennifer L. Chu, Partner, New York. Ms. Chu focuses her practice on advising corporations and private equity firms in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and other corporate matters, with a particular focus on transactions in the insurance and healthcare industries. Ms. Chu has been recognized as a New York Law Journal “Rising Star.”
- Courtney M. Dankworth, Partner, New York. Ms. Dankworth focuses her practice on banking enforcement actions and disputes related to financial services and consumer finance. Ms. Dankworth has been recognized as a Law360 “Rising Star” and has been named to the Benchmark Litigation “Under 40 Hot List.”
- Dmitry A. Karamyslov, International Counsel, Moscow. Mr. Karamyslov focuses his practice on corporate matters and asset finance, with extensive experience in aircraft financing transactions. Mr. Karamyslov has been named to Euromoney’s Expert Guides “Rising Stars” list.
- Maxim A. Kuleshov, International Counsel, Moscow. Mr. Kuleshov focuses his practice on public and private mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and private equity transactions in various industries, including energy and natural resources, financial institutions and transportation. Mr. Kuleshov has been named to Euromoney’s Expert Guides, “Rising Stars” list.
- Le. V. Lam, Counsel, New York. Mr. Lam focuses his practice on finance and capital markets transactions with a concentration in the aviation industry, in particular, representing airlines in connection with, among others, sale-lease back transactions, private mortgage financings and securities offerings and other capital market transactions. Mr. Lam has been named to Euromoney’s Expert Guides, “Rising Stars” list.
- Timothy McIver, International Counsel, London. Mr. McIver focuses his practice on EU and UK competition law and regulatory matters, including obtaining clearance for complex merger investigations before the European Commission and UK competition authorities, as well as coordinating merger approvals across multiple jurisdictions worldwide. Mr. McIver has been named to Euromoney’s Expert Guides, “Rising Stars” list as well as by Who’s Who Legal in its “Competition – Future Leaders” list.
- Jim Pastore, Partner, New York. Mr. Pastore focuses his practice on cyber, data privacy, and intellectual property. Mr. Pastore has been recognized as a Law360 “Rising Star” and has been named to the Benchmark Litigation “Under 40 Hot List.”
- Ina C. Popova, Partner, New York. Ms. Popova represents private parties and States in a broad range of international matters, handling arbitration disputes, related court litigation and public international law issues. Ms. Popova has been recognized by the American Bar Association as a 2017 “On the Rise – Top 40 Young Lawyers” and has been named to the Benchmark Litigation “Under 40 Hot List.”
- Armando Rivera, Counsel, New York. Mr. Rivera has extensive experience in Latin America and focuses on financing transactions both in the U.S. and internationally, including project financings, leveraged acquisitions and other secured financings and structured financings. Mr. Rivera has been named to Euromoney’s Expert Guides “Rising Stars” list.
- David Sarratt, Partner, New York. Mr. Sarratt is a seasoned trial lawyer whose practice focuses on white collar criminal defense, internal investigations and complex civil litigation. Mr. Sarratt has been recognized as a New York Law Journal “Rising Star.”
- Jaeyong So, Counsel, New York. Mr. So focuses on corporate finance matters, with a concentration on aircraft financing transactions, including lease financings, mortgage financings, restructurings and airline securities offerings. Mr. So has been named to Euromoney’s Expert Guides “Rising Stars” list.
Debevoise is committed to investing in and developing exceptional lawyers. The firm provides the support, as well as the flexibility, for lawyers to build their expertise and shape their career.
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP is a premier law firm with market-leading practices, a global perspective and strong New York roots. We deliver effective solutions to our clients’ most important legal challenges, applying clear commercial judgment and a distinctively collaborative approach.