Nick Kagan is an English-qualified international counsel in the Corporate Department and works in the firm’s Investment Management Group, where he ...
Read Full Biography
- A UK private equity sponsor in a single asset continuation fund to house an existing stake in a leasing business.
- GrubHub, in persuading the district court to reject a magistrate judge’s recommendation that a preliminary injunction be entered against Grubhub’s use of its house and cutlery logo, and then obtaining affirmance of the preliminary injunction denial in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
- Park Square Capital in the formation of Park Square Capital Partners IV, a €2.2 billion subordinated debt fund.
- Metric Capital Partners in the formation of MCP Private Capital Fund IV, a €1.2 billion European special opportunities fund.
- TPG Growth in its takeover of the existing assets of the Abraaj Group’s $1 billion Global Healthcare Fund. The deal saw Debevoise win the Specialist Deal Legal Advisor category at the Private Equity Africa Awards.
- Bregal Freshstream in its investment in TrueNoord, an independent aircraft leasing business that specialises in the regional aircraft market.
- Park Square in its $125 million subscription line facility.
- A leading secondaries fund sponsor in its acquisition of a portfolio of private equity fund interests held by a European fund of funds sponsor.
- Tishman Speyer in the formation of Tishman Speyer European Real Estate Venture Fund VIII, a €750 million Europe real estate fund.
- Canson in the formation of its $100 million co-investment fund, which will co-invest in the acquisition of a majority stake in the Financial and Risk division of Thomson Reuters.
- Keen Venture Partners in the establishment of its first venture capital fund.
- Europa Capital in the formation of Europa Mezzanine, a £163 million European mezzanine fund.
- AltaOne Capital in its acquisition, with Silver Lake, of a 37.6% interest in Cegid Group, valuing the company at €580 million.
- BPP Law School, 2012, L.P.C.
- BPP Law School, 2011, GDL
- University of Nottingham, 2010, B.A. (Hons)